DeAndre Yedlin - Signed for Newcastle

BuckoBeast

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, YouRams said:

Shocker, was we ever in for him? 

Never heard a thing mate. This all started when the daily mail said us and Villa had bid £3.5 million. Which I have on good authority was absolute b******s as we never bid. 

Villa's chairman also said on twitter that they hadnt bid either. 

Typical agent move this is. A player that wants out. Leak to the press that a couple of teams are in for him and then he will get a move. 

I asked my source about this and I can say with 110% certainty we were never ever in for Yedlin.

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Never heard a thing mate. This all started when the daily mail said us and Villa had bid £3.5 million. Which I have on good authority was absolute b******s as we never bid. 

Typical agent move this is. A player that wants out. Leak to the press that a couple of teams are in for him and then he will get a move. 

I asked my source about this and I can say with 110% certainty we were never ever in for Yedlin.

Any hint we might be looking for a left back since Foz's injury?

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Any hint we might be looking for a left back since Foz's injury?

No mate.

Highly doubt we will go for a left back. 

Before the season started I dont think anyone would have argued if Olsson had started over Forsyth and vice/versa. It was one of the positions where I was happy for either to play.

I like Olsson a lot. Thought he was very good when he came in last season. 

We also have Lowe as well. Who may get a chance. 

2 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Needs to be a transfer budget cap for clubs relegated from the Premier.  Spending 50+ million in the championship is BS

No need to be jealous.

Arrivals: Sum: £43.78m + 5 for Yedlin

Departures: Sum: £48.41m + getting Coloccini, Taylor and Doumbia of the wage bill. And as Janmaat + Sissoko is probably going too, they'll get another about 30-40 millions from those two alone.

I guess we can expect them being active until the window is closed.

27 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

With this culture of a name going out into the press being picked up by Villa/Newcastle, I can't imagine any names are being banded about and cards are being kept close to the chest, so not naming any names do you know of anything being potentially close? 

Just now, Dimmu said:

No need to be jealous.

Departures: Sum: £48.41m + getting Coloccini, Taylor and Doumbia of the wage bill. And as Janmaat + Sissoko is probably going too, they'll get another about 30-40 millions from those two alone.

Thats not really the full story though

This is just big buissness w****** passing big money around an the smaller clubs wont have a cat in hells chance of ever comoeting ever again, dont be fooled by little old bournemouth either, they've just spent close to 20m on a player that couldnt even make liverpools bench last season, and they spent pretty decent coin on getting there as well, hence failing ffp

Small clubs get there top takent pinched for peanuts, whereas clubs like liverpool and newcastle are selling off there crap for 30m plus... hardly a level plsying field.

9 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

With this culture of a name going out into the press being picked up by Villa/Newcastle, I can't imagine any names are being banded about and cards are being kept close to the chest, so not naming any names do you know of anything being potentially close? 

As far as I know. There will be at least 2 in. 

Never known Derby this tight lipped before though. Nothing is being leaked. 

Rumour had it that Chris Evans used to leak a lot of Derbys transfers to the press. 

1 hour ago, OwenB87 said:

I couldn't possibly confirm or deny that . . .

What I will say is, what would people rather hear instead?

We won't be getting anything extra from the club in terms of coaching staff or player, there's only so much I can milk out of Rammer, and I know people don't want to hear more about Burton . . . !

If people don't like the views of the fans who ring or tweet in, the really simple solution is to ring, tweet or text BBC Radio Derby Sport yourselves instead. It's the same argument as those not voting in an election and then complaining about the result. Post-match everyone will want *something* connected with the match.

We always get an interview with a player and the manager, we can have the league table and (during the window) talk about transfer speculation and what the team might need, but I agree with Owen that I'm not especially fussed about Burton or hearing reports from other games (as used to be the case in the distant past). The more about Derby the better, though as someone above said, I'm happy for that to include the views of the opposition gaffer too if they're up for it.

Good of Owen to sign up and chip in on discussions (though hilarious if it's not really him - for instance I'm not actually Carl Sagan - shhhhhhhh!) and very odd Yedlin-related posts and tweets after the Villa game.

15 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

No need to be jealous.

How FFP works, Newcastle could have spent close to 100million without a single sale and still got away with it due to their enormous revenue, ditto Villa.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/06/newcastle-united-increased-profit-relegation-fears-grow

How are clubs already in the championship suppose to compete with these sides coming down with premiership money -  whom can throw 10 million at every player going? Madness.

9 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Rumour had it that Chris Evans used to leak a lot of Derbys transfers to the press. 

Is that 2 more in mate or 1 more in + James Wilson?

15 minutes ago, Papahet said:

How FFP works, Newcastle could have spent close to 100million without a single sale and still got away with it due to their enormous revenue, ditto Villa.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/06/newcastle-united-increased-profit-relegation-fears-grow

How are clubs already in the championship suppose to compete with these sides coming down with premiership money -  whom can throw 10 million at every player going? Madness.

Certainly not in transfer market. And with bigger incoming TV revenues each year, the financial gap will keep on growing.

Academy, free transfers, loans and scouting pearls early. Those are the options what most of the teams in this league has.

30 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Thanks, good to hear 

Archived