DeAndre Yedlin - Signed for Newcastle

BuckoBeast

31 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

As far as I know. There will be at least 2 in. 

Never known Derby this tight lipped before though. Nothing is being leaked. 

Rumour had it that Chris Evans used to leak a lot of Derbys transfers to the press. 

Did Chris Evans leak that?

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, OwenB87 said:

I couldn't possibly confirm or deny that . . .

What I will say is, what would people rather hear instead?

We won't be getting anything extra from the club in terms of coaching staff or player, there's only so much I can milk out of Rammer, and I know people don't want to hear more about Burton . . . !

Notice me Senpai!

2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

As far as I know. There will be at least 2 in. 

Never known Derby this tight lipped before though. Nothing is being leaked. 

Rumour had it that Chris Evans used to leak a lot of Derbys transfers to the press. 

A lot of Leicester fans said NP liked to keep everything in house, nothing was ever leaked there under him either.

1 hour ago, satty atwal said:

Off to newcastle permanent deal if it hasnt been posted already.... apologies if it has. Hate newcastle they looking to sign judge too for january.

Yet the media haven't mentioned "big spending newcastle" yet.. yet we got slaughtered for spending 25% of what they've spent. Newcastle will probably ease it on the bridle, you just know they'll coast it, sort of like they did last time.

5 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Yet the media haven't mentioned "big spending newcastle" yet.. yet we got slaughtered for spending 25% of what they've spent. Newcastle will probably ease it on the bridle, you just know they'll coast it, sort of like they did last time.

I reckon the FSW will be riding the arse off it with a circuit to go, just making top 6!

5 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Do you think the Spanish waiter will last the season ? It's true though the relegated sides have a bigger financial advantage as each season goes by. I think Villa will win the league though they are putting a useful looking squad together...The Rams finishing a close second .

13 hours ago, OwenB87 said:

But that's the point.

We weren't having that type of conversation in public.

We didn't say anything that could be "misheard, misinterpreted or embellished upon".

What Ram@Lincoln claims to have happened, simply didn't happen.

Nigel Pearson finished the live interview with us, then went to his press conference. That was the last time I spoke to him. 

There was no second, secret interview.

Yedlin's name was not mentioned once, by anyone.

The message passed back to the studio was to leave the Wilson clip for Monday morning's sports bulletins. No scandal there, as it was from a live interview that had already gone out on air.

I'm not sure what else I can say, as some people would rather believe the conspiracy theory - that made no sense in the first place, by the way - than the truth. 

While I'm here . . .

No desire from me at all, I read out pretty much everything we get. You can check that by reading the @BBCDerbySport timeline on a match day.

You seem to be implying that I like to cause trouble/be negative, which simply isn't the case.

See above. 

And no, Craig isn't getting on my nerves at all. We try to catch each other out on air sometimes, and that was one occasion when he got.

Hello everyone, by the way. Big fan of the forum - most of the time anyway :)

Fair play Owen. Good of you to explain your stance. I apologise without reservation.  In truth I just felt bad for @Ram@Lincoln. Seems to me trying to convey the titbits we all like to feed off is a particularly thankless task on this forum. Good of you to make the situation clear.  For the record I was not making any inference as to your character only the wisdom of having such conversations in public. If you say no such conversation took place, that's fair enough.

1 hour ago, DCFCArmy said:

I think its disgusting. Geordies signing everyones targets and/or their best players.... worst ive ever seen in the championship. Villa same keep buying players left right and centre. Then we got hammered after least season.... disgusted, biggish clubs come down and bring so much money they can buy promotion

3 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

I think its disgusting. Geordies signing everyones targets and/or their best players.... worst ive ever seen in the championship. Villa same keep buying players left right and centre. Then we got hammered after least season.... disgusted, biggish clubs come down and bring so much money they can buy promotion

I agree, they both should be more respectful and allow other clubs to sign a few players instead to make things fair. I hate seeing clubs spending money and trying to win promotion. Ruining the game.

3 minutes ago, David said:

I agree, they both should be more respectful and allow other clubs to sign a few players instead to make things fair. I hate seeing clubs spending money and trying to win promotion. Ruining the game.

I sense this is sarcasm :blink: do you disagree then? 

Just now, satty atwal said:

We didnt sign every player that was linked with our rivals or try strip those rivals of their best players.... ie newcastle after judge knockheart etc

Don't assume that just because a newspaper linked clubs with players that they were ever interested. Whilst Newcastle may have spent £40m+ this summer they have also sold £60m+ as they are rebuilding. We spent £25m without even getting rid of anyone so all this Newcastle are trying to buy the league is rubbish, of course they are but we also tried the same and failed.

4 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

We didnt sign every player that was linked with our rivals or try strip those rivals of their best players.... ie newcastle after judge knockheart etc

Has it occurred to you that a player can be targeted by multiple clubs because they're quite good at this level and clubs want the best players they can?

I'm sure you're right though, their whole transfer policy is obviously looking at Derby and deliberately maliciously taking all our targets...

2 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Has it occurred to you that a player can be targeted by multiple clubs because they're quite good at this level and clubs want the best players they can?

I'm sure you're right though, their whole transfer policy is obviously looking at Derby and deliberately maliciously taking all our targets...

Wasnt referring to just us.... i said rivals.... that is a wider base than just us.... but yeah ok their policy is fine let them monopolise the league both of them and let the rest play for the playoffs 

Archived