Barnsley vs Derby County

Warren Hobhead

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

The playoff 2013/14 team would smash our current XI to bits.

And we've spent £30 million on that side!

That's what happens when to a man, every single player we've paid money for since McClaren left, has been worse than the guy they're supposedly replacing.

1 minute ago, Cool As Custard said:

After today Nigel will have a much better idea of what players will fit his system.

I think several of today's starters will either be on the move shortly or heading for a protracted spell on the sidelines.

What I don't understand is why we are changing our system and getting players to fit. Rather than playing a system which fits our players? 

1 minute ago, Cool As Custard said:

After today Nigel will have a much better idea of what players will fit his system.

I think several of today's starters will either be on the move shortly or heading for a protracted spell on the sidelines.

Am I wrong to criticise NP or whoever for not actually realising this two months ago?

I could have told them exactly what limitations we have. If I, an average fan, knew we didn't have the squad to play 442, then why the hell didn't anybody currently working in a profressional post at Derby tell NP?

Or why didn't NP know this - I mean, the guy has only been twiddling his thumbs for the last six months and will have no doubt seen Derby play on a number of occasions.

My gripe is we've wasted an entire pre-season and now we're going to hit panic mode in the transfer window.

Just now, duncanjwitham said:

That's what happens when to a man, every single player we've paid money for since McClaren left, has been worse than the guy they're supposedly replacing.

That is harsh, there is, erm, well what about, erm...yeah, erm, give me a minute whilst I have a think...

2 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

What I don't understand is why we are changing our system and getting players to fit. Rather than playing a system which fits our players? 

absurd idea. 

Next you'll suggest he does that and then uses his years of experience to improve how it all works. 

Better just to change everything to suit him. One bloke

Just now, Alpha said:

absurd idea. 

Next you'll suggest he does that and then uses his years of experience to improve how it all works. 

Better just to change everything to suit him. One bloke

I thought that was the whole idea of 'the Derby Way' so changing the manager wouldn't change much as the system would remain consistent.

Just now, TheDeadlySaul said:

I thought that was the whole idea of 'the Derby Way' so changing the manager wouldn't change much as the system would remain consistent.

what the hell has NP and our expensive coaching team been working on in the last 10 weeks - eh?

Archived