Barnsley vs Derby County

Warren Hobhead

7 minutes ago, unclej said:

I've feared the arrogance of NP. That he could take a failing team and walk the leauge with it, while he is at the healm. Ive watched Derby twice this season and they are certainly worse than last, barring Hull in the first leg of course.

3 games in????? 

Chill. 

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No passing movements,  no winning the second ball, never first to the ball, crosses woefully,  passing woefully and that's just Forsyth the other 10 are just as bad if not worse. Why does Pearson pick the wrong team to start and leave us with an up hill task from the start. If Bent is so good why aren't wolves wanting to sign him? Absolute garbage. We'll be in a mid table scrap this season. We may as well get what we can for these players and start again. Woeful the lot of them. RUBBISH!!!!

2 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

Makes sense. Getting rid of a load of good players because they don't play in your system rather than playing to there strengths! 

Whether it makes sense or not doesn't really matter - we can't change anything! The only person that matters is the manager & this was always going to be the way things played out when we decided to appoint NP. We knew what we were getting when we hired him and LCFC fans warned us that he would shake things up and rock the boat. It's time to stay behind and trust the manager to get things right. We might not like it and many might disagree his approach but he is stubborn with an ego and he will stick to his guns....

My forum post match Barnsley bingo card.

Cross em off as the posts come in.

inept, unacceptable, useless, square pegs round holes, can't beat a man, team selection, system which fits our players, players which fit our system, embarrassing, wasted possession, the Derby way, long term rebuilding job, dreadful, Forestieri and...............six point relegation battle v Burton.

The Manager and the players go into the dressing room knowing they were poor....... the next game will be interesting against Preston (who lost today too) team selection/formation etc, a

As for this forum, im keeping my head down for a while, its going to be a slash fest !

What's the alternative? Keep doing the same thing and hope for a different outcome? This team has failed to deliver and unfortunately at times bottled it. If we're serious about winning this league major change is needed. If that means dumping old favourites then so be it. Of course it's a gamble but isn't all sport? Plus it's not our money.

1 minute ago, rynny said:

Yeah poor players that have spent the last 3 years in and around the top 6, that happened by accident :huh:

Ok then were brilliant. That's why we haven't won either of our first 2 games. But we're good like you say so we'll be promoted with our 'amazing' players. Blackman and bent 20 goals each. Honestly I think we'll finish 8th. Said that when the season started. I know it's early but 1 point from two games is atrocious. 

I don't know why it always has to be two camps. The happy clappers daren't criticise the team and the wrist slashers have nothing good to say ever. Or so say their respective accusers. 

Don't know why I can't just be allowed to be extremely disappointed with the players and the team, while also staying upbeat about our longer term chances.

Awful day. Awful game. Its not 'negative' to say that. 

I said similar last week but when a team has had (relative) success in the last two or three years playing a certain way and you come in and hugely go against that and play a different way, you had better make sure it works quickly otherwise fans will get restless. 

Its easy to now blame the players but if they're supposedly so bad, it still doesn't excuse playing to all of their weaknesses.

I want NP to be a success here but at the minute he's playing a very dangerous game. 

1 minute ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Ok then were brilliant. That's why we haven't won either of our first 2 games. But we're good like you say so we'll be promoted with our 'amazing' players. Blackman and bent 20 goals each. Honestly I think we'll finish 8th. Said that when the season started. I know it's early but 1 point from two games is atrocious. 

So there is no in between? They are either amazing or rubbish? We have good players, not all of them, but most are them are good enough to get promoted, we need to improve on our weak links with better players, minor tweaks. Show me where have said Bent and Blackman will get 20 goals between them, never mind each.

Terrible result that. I hate the saying "they wanted it more"... a common term used from grass roots up.... But we should have the ability to beat sides on quality alone with what we have to our disposal. Another weekend ruined. Roll on the next game! Come on Derby FFS!!!!

We are rubbish because our whole forward line is rubbish. That includes Blackman, Martin, Bent, Weimann, Ince, Russell, Camara, the lot of them. You'd think after so much failure over so many seasons we would have had a clearout and get some winning blood in here. The Benfica (reserves) thing was a warning shot ... and to be fair, Brighton could have easily murdered us in that first home game. (if not for some last ditch defending). Pearson has a lot of work to do but the first thing he needs to do is SELL! Keep Hughes and Thorne (assuming he can still play football), and arguably Bryson. But the rest should be let go at the right price. We can get far better players.

Just now, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Need to sign some players pretty quickly who fit this system. Simple as that. 

If a professional footballer can't change the way he plays when asked then you'll have to question why are they a professional footballer.

Duck me..... It's not as if we're asking Craig Bryson to play centre half.

Archived