Barnsley vs Derby County

Warren Hobhead

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

The playoff 2013/14 team would smash our current XI to bits.

And we've spent £30 million on that side!

And we panicked and hounded the guy out who got us there. Then the next guy after a little blip..... Then had a interim manager who eventually needed help from Mels mate......

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

SO is it as bad as it sounds?

It always sounds awful on radio derby, but sometimes it is that awful

Let's just say that hardware stores will sell a lot of rope pretty soon in Derby.

This sounds grim. Might have to go off and sulk until at least Monday evening. 

Sounds like same stuff from rather too many games recently  .. Not about formation but about closing down opponents, wanting the ball and when you have it moving it quickly. 

22 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's a great positive that Pearson is prepared to make changes so early. Of course Hughes for Hendrick was forced, but I applaud a manager who sees it's not working and has all replacements on by 55 minutes.

Forced to do it because of the injury. Bent took a knock (which obvs kept him off 2nd half) why not put Martin on then?

Just now, TheDeadlySaul said:

A system that doesn't suit our players?

Stop press - does NP have a fixed view of how football in 2016 should be played, will it cost MM his fortune ??   all this and more in the next exciting episode of The Derby Way...

1 minute ago, irobinson said:

you would have thought  - with no transfer activity  - that we were getting settled on what we were doing - and now we might be dragged into panic buys again!!

because you can't play a flat 4 with midfielders who can't defend and no proper wingers.

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Am I wrong to criticise NP or whoever for not actually realising this two months ago?

I could have told them exactly what limitations we have. If I, an average fan, knew we didn't have the squad to play 442, then why the hell didn't anybody currently working in a profressional post at Derby tell NP?

Or why didn't NP know this - I mean, the guy has only been twiddling his thumbs for the last six months and will have no doubt seen Derby play on a number of occasions.

My gripe is we've wasted an entire pre-season and now we're going to hit panic mode in the transfer window.

I would imagine NP has been backing his own ability to get the most out of the players. He will be as disappointed as everyone else is that it hasn't been a positive start but if the players prove not to be capable of performing the roles he has for them then he is not the sort of person to mess around. As an experienced manager he will sort it and bring in the players that can do what he wants them to do & he will have the mandate from Mel to do what is necessary even if that means moving several of our former favourites on.

Archived