Barnsley vs Derby County

Warren Hobhead

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Strange yearnings said:

I think anyone with a brain cell can see that what he wrote was sarcastic and not meant to be taken literally

I understood it as a dig at me having a little moan about someone saying that bottom half would be okay?

I might be wrong although it doesn't happen often ;)

Summary of players in first half based on Dawes/Rammage ramblings:

Christie caught forward a number of times, but also did some good forward

Keogh misplaced a number of passes,

Shackell slow to a few challenges,

Forsyth doing OK,

Blackman slow to do anything with the ball, but has done OK when he's done something, also done OK defensively.

Hughes lightweight, done very little,

Bryson winning a lot of 50/50s,

Butterfield not doing much,

Bent fluffing a bit,

Ince doing better since moving deeper, has gotten a bit angry with someone at some point, hasn't done a great deal of note.

Oh Carson done OK other than scoring an OG. 

8 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

This isn't a quick fix, I'd settle for mid table even bottom half this season, and let Pearson sort out the mess we've gotten ourselves into with overspending last season. We need to be patient now more than ever imo

Sorry but this is absurd. The team needs building on, not completely rebuilt. I thought Pearson was going to play our strongest 11 (Hull away + Thorne), in their strongest system/formation and instill them with his diehard ethic which is one of the only reasons we've not gone up. Instead it looks like he's going to do everything his way, regardless of the squad he has. It's early days but it is worrying.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Is anyone actually surprised? We don't have the players for 4-4-2, and it's made even worse by playign a central midfielder out wide left and a striker out wide right.

We're literally playing seven players out of position, and the ones which are arguably suited to this system are average Championship players like Darren Bent.

Back to cloughie days square pegs in round holes again ? ;) 

not the best start too a season.

11 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

People getting into right hysterics lol.. Once it's all over we go back to work/school/college/uni and get on with our lives, it's football not life or death ? Be patient ffs

Don't remember such an attitude when Wassall was in charge?

Archived