Barnsley vs Derby County

Warren Hobhead

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Sadly half our fan base seem to be baying for blood also. 3 games in and our lot are having a meltdown :(

Oddly enough it upsets people when they see players who have provided exciting, attacking football for the past 3 years get dropped and played out of position while we're getting battered by Barnsley.

Just now, DCFCArmy said:

Sadly half our fan base seem to be baying for blood also. 3 games in and our lot are having a meltdown :(

Yeah well that's the real "Derby way"

Bunch of children.

I'm comfortable with all of this because I know changes are coming.

Yeah, we're playing players out of position. But when was the last time we can say players like Martin had a genuinely impressive performance? A lot of players are being defended by fans based on memories. 

Our defense aren't out of position and they're all playing poorly. 

Martin / Bent have both been poor when they've been on the field. 

Hughes can't hold onto the ball.

Blackman seems to have an argument with himself whenever he gets the ball regardless of where he gets it. 

A lot of our players, who can do no wrong, need ******* slapping. 

2 minutes ago, nfb said:

Im wondering what NP is thinking atm, will he blame himself, he seems to have made some errors in judgement in player selection, round pegs square hole etc, the shape seems all over the place, the players seem nervous and cant even keep the ball ? Now chopping and changing the formation and players to see what works... we've had more permutations in an hour than ive seen in a few seasons !

Clement did the same thing very early on I think. 

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's a great positive that Pearson is prepared to make changes so early. Of course Hughes for Hendrick was forced, but I applaud a manager who sees it's not working and has all replacements on by 55 minutes.

A contrast from Wassall who brought Razza on away at Hull in the 89/90th minute of the playoff match.

COYR!!

Maclaren used to put all subs on at once if things weren't going our way eg Leicester away when they went 2 up.

Mind I can't remember it working. .

12 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

The early signs have been there that we have limited mobility and our tempo overall is lethargic which makes this worse, only showing some promise against a tiring league 2 outfit in the last 30 on Tuesday night. However it's only game 3 and the time isn't now to be chucking the toys out but by the same token you have to understand the frustration of nearly 4000 fans who travelled expecting a hell of a lot more than they are viewing at the minute.

Maybe we can get something from the game or even rescue a bit of pride and confidence for the Preston game. Fingers crossed. Pearson has showed he is not afraid to take action when needed so that's a positive.

Just now, Whoneedshuls said:

We're far too light weight not enough ball winners all over the park too many upfront that can't beat a man one on one. But chear up folks it's only away at Preston on Tuesday :( 

Jedinak in at cdm and back to 433 for next game 

Archived