Barnsley vs Derby County

Warren Hobhead

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

This isn't a quick fix, I'd settle for mid table even bottom half this season, and let Pearson sort out the mess we've gotten ourselves into with overspending last season. We need to be patient now more than ever imo

1 minute ago, DCFCArmy said:

I wonder if Newcastle are having the same meltdown on their forums?

1 minute ago, DCFCArmy said:

I wonder if Newcastle are having the same meltdown on their forums?

Not a meltdown. Just concern for what is happening to our team. We are football fans. We are going to have an opinion if things are not going well. 

11 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

We literally are not

Sorry I will elaborate, we've literally got seven players being played in roles which either hinders them or doesn't allow them to reach their maximum potential.

Playing this way, Hughes and Bryson aren't box-to-box midfielders and their roles hinder them.

Butterfield is simply out of position out wide. I wonder what he is being asked to do...? Get up the wing, try and beat his fullback and get crosses in? Bizarre.

Blackman is a striker who plays best in a front two on the right side. No way a right midfielder.

The fullbacks have no space to work into when they have wide players sitting deep, directly in-front of them. Christie and Forsyth are two of the best attacking fullbacks you can wish to have in this league, both being restricted.

Ince... Is he really better as a number 10? I'm dubious.

Bent... Well he works better in a front two, but he's a very average player and wouldn't get anywhere near the first-team of a top six club in this league. Bent or Glenn Murray? No contest.

So.... Who aside from Bent is actually benefiting from our current system? Blackman because he's getting games is arguably his only shining light...

"Shackell's having a go at Carson for not coming to get that" says CR. CR also says Shackell didn't attack it.

Captain material my arse. 

2 hours ago, TETRA said:

I just have a bad feeling about today, really hope I'm wrong. Barnsley away is never an easy fixture. We need a positive result to drive us forward for some difficult fixtures coming up before the month of August is over.

Well unlike some I'm not too surprised if I'm honest. We look a very long way off a consistent unit sadly. Pearson must be given time, but this could well be a very long season. We look very ordinary sadly.

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Sorry I will elaborate, we've literally got seven players being played in roles which either hinders them or doesn't allow them to reach their maximum potential.

Playing this way, Hughes and Bryson aren't box-to-box midfielders and their roles hinder them.

Butterfield is simply out of position out wide. I wonder what he is being asked to do...? Get up the wing, try and beat his fullback and get crosses in? Bizarre.

Blackman is a striker who plays best in a front two on the right side. No way a right midfielder.

The fullbacks have no space to work into when they have wide players sitting deep, directly in-front of them. Christie and Forsyth are two of the best attacking fullbacks you can wish to have in this league, both being restricted.

Ince... Is he really better as a number 10? I'm dubious.

Bent... Well he works better in a front two, but he's a very average player and wouldn't get anywhere near the first-team of a top six club in this league. Bent or Glenn Murray? No contest.

So.... Who aside from Bent is actually benefiting from our current system? Blackman because he's getting games is arguably his only shining light...

This is the problem, we arent playing to our players strengths and therefore we're wasting talented players.

Radio Derby just said Forestieri hasn't travelled with the Wednesday squad today - coming our way? (he will have to change his name though)

I don't know if he will work in the system we are trying to play though at the moment. At the moment sounds like we are more likely to concede  again than to pull one back.

Archived