Pearson signs 3 year deal

Rample

Nigel Pearson  

289 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Well done Mel excellent appointment. I agree with previous comments that we need a centre forward with pace but apart from that a good squad for NP to work with.

There will be no on pitch sulking, shoulder shrugging or arm waving under Nigel Pearson, and no players not contributing like Tom Ince in play off leg 2. In fact I tip Ince to be Championship player of the season 2016/7.

Great to see Chris Powell back, but the most amazing thing is we can approach next season with real positivity. Villa and Newcastle will be massive favourites for Auto promotion and this will take the pressure off the team.

Even EastHerts Ram is excited about NP ! Miracle. Lol.

Weimann, Blackman and Zanzala are no slouches. Don't think Bent or Russell are either. Just because we rarely played with pace doesn't mean we don't have any.

Very pleased with the appointment including former player-of-the-season Chrissy Powell. Righting the horrific Jim Smith error of selling the future England left back. It's an excellent team in place. I'm even more thrilled given I don't think Villa have appointed yet. Hats off to Pearson who wanted to come here, as he made clear after the Clement sacking.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, mozza said:

i'd have been happy to have CP his own , but we've got 2 big names now , cud have 3 if 'arry stays on , have more managers than players , that's a new plan ..

This could be the key to promotion. Why has Chris taken this job?

Derby Connection

Antithesis of Nigel 2

When Nige goes to Leicester again, Chris is the man

If Nige drops a wallaby, Chris can fix it or take over seamlessly.

I do not believe that Nige will drop a wallaby. He senses that he can really ram it home, how good he is, at Derby. 

Everything is in place for this pair to do really well here.Why move on.

this forum is getting along :blink:

Nigel Pearson is supposed to be a "nutter" that upsets everyone but he's brought us all together, I'm half expecting our fans to be hugging one another in the first home game of the season, ostrich suits out in force etc.. I love it!!!

200.gif

2 hours ago, needles said:

Chuffed with Pearson, who was one of my preferred candidates all along. Getting Chrissy Powell in as #2 is just taking the piss. Well done Mel and Sam.

Thanks to Darren Wassall, who come out of this with his reputation enhanced and his head held high.

Keep Will, offload half a dozen fringe players, bring in 2 or 3 gems....game on.

What makes today just a trifle extra pleasant, as I sit here in the garden with a cold one in the sunshine, is that Nigel Pearson was the number 1 pick on ltlf as the new forest manager. Feel the butt hurt red-dogs. Mwahahahaha.

13256490_1173725785991545_4758147482428825229_n.jpg

Halfway through the season 50 per cent of your fans will be wanting him sacked ...ignore them

some of his signings will struggle to begin with...support them

he will keep picking players that will have you scratching your head..dont worry

he will get you into the Premier league,,,ask any Leicester or Hull fans

My hopes are that Pearson is supported by his employers and left alone to do the job.

And fans will have the patience to allow him to fashion the team in his own way.

(to be fair I would wish that whoever was appointed.)

I'm hoping on some sunny beach there was a Derby player or two sat at the bar with their phone when the text came through...who then stubbed out a cigar and said..'damn, you better make that a flipping diet coke'...

Seriously, I'm sure the 'so pleased he's come' stuff will be said to the press... but I hope things are going to be a lot less comfortable for them soon.

'The perfect appointment' - Mel

"Nigel is a proven winner, a highly experienced manager who has track record of success in the Championship," chairman Mel Morris told Derby's website.

"We believe Nigel is the perfect appointment and will build on the solid progress we have made in recent seasons but more importantly, will enable us to achieve our long-term objective of Premier League football."

Last year when I heard Pearson was mentioned in wad sceptical to say the least.  But as times gone by Pearson has grown on me , his dynamic style mixed with his attacking play will be woblndeful plus his leadership is incredible.

The main thing I'm happy about though is Chris powell as number 2 absoloute stroke of genius  ! 

Chrissy powell is a Ram......... he hates forest!!

1 minute ago, WystonRam said:

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-27%20at%2021.39.

LTLF vote for next manager for them.

The truly scary thing is their 3rd choice would be Billy!

If Forest were a woman, they'd be wearing sunglasses and telling people they'd walked into a door.

47 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Weimann, Blackman and Zanzala are no slouches. Don't think Bent or Russell are either. Just because we rarely played with pace doesn't mean we don't have any.

Very pleased with the appointment including former player-of-the-season Chrissy Powell. Righting the horrific Jim Smith error of selling the future England left back. It's an excellent team in place. I'm even more thrilled given I don't think Villa have appointed yet. Hats off to Pearson who wanted to come here, as he made clear after the Clement sacking.

Good point although JR isn't a centre forward, but the others have had very limited chance to show what they can do. New manager fresh start for the entire squad.

3 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Premier League Nigel.

I'm less excited than the rest of you, but I believe he can take us up. And I seriously hope that he behaves better than this:

Nigel-Pearson.jpg

But we don't know the full story of that incident, maybe the player said something offensive, like hi Nigel

11 hours ago, BodminRam said:

Just a thought, i wonder how much that vote had to do with it in the paper, Perhaps its proof Mel does listen to the fans and reads what we have to say.. All good news 

MY ONLY CONCERN Pearson Powell Phillips Thats PPP  and i was always led to believe that stood for P... Poor Performance

LOL  But im sure it wont be  COYR  Buzzing for August

It could mean pride park promotion

Archived