Pearson signs 3 year deal

Rample

Nigel Pearson  

289 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just a word on powelI as assistant

the real reason Powell is a masterstroke signing is he's a pretty good manager in his own right, got charlton up from league one with over 100 points (if I remember correctly) and did pretty well at Huddersfield so we've got a pretty good actual manager as assistant to Pearson 

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I remember being at our home match v Huddersfield season before last and we had a good few rounds of "Chrissy Powell is a Ram" and he gave us the thumbs up at the end. Such a typical McClaren game, won 3-2, attacked well, defended abysmally.

And yet we had the third best defensive record in the league at that time!

8 minutes ago, Lord_Ram said:

Just a word on powelI as assistant

the real reason Powell is a masterstroke signing is he's a pretty good manager in his own right, got charlton up from league one with over 100 points (if I remember correctly) and did pretty well at Huddersfield so we've got a pretty good actual manager as assistant to Pearson 

I think Powell will do a lot of the interviews as well, to help Nigel out a little in that department, I don't think we'll be seeing NP doing all the interviews more of a 50-50 thing and that's good imo. 

3 hours ago, Zurich Ram said:

What a great start to the weekend! Thanks Mel, all of a sudden, August just got nearer.

One word of caution though, during that last Championship 100 point season, during which Leicester tore us a new @rse on a Friday night, I remember Foxes fans calling for Pearson to be sacked (and the local press intimating it was going to happen) in the previous September - so patience is going to be needed to give him time to deliver us to the promised land. Remember, no matter how good we think our squad is, it's not his squad - give him time and in Nige we trust. COYR!!

Nor was it Darren Wassalls squad and he lasted about 80 minutes before the knives were out.

The general consensus seemed to be that DW needed to be removed for an experienced manager who would virtually guarantee us promotion allegedly. 

Well the majority have what they wanted and I hope now that the goalposts don't start moving.

I hope this time next year a lot of people on here are saying 'I told you so'!

37 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

When we going to get an interview with him?

When someone plucks up enough courage to ask.

16 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Last year when I heard Pearson was mentioned in wad sceptical to say the least.  But as times gone by Pearson has grown on me , his dynamic style mixed with his attacking play will be woblndeful plus his leadership is incredible.

The main thing I'm happy about though is Chris powell as number 2 absoloute stroke of genius  ! 

Chrissy powell is a Ram......... he hates forest!!

Chris Powell is Charlton through and through,when we played them and he commentated on sky he certainly nailed his colours to the Charlton mast.

8 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Chris Powell is Charlton through and through,when we played them and he commentated on sky he certainly nailed his colours to the Charlton mast.

Was a terrific player and good servant, will always be Derby to me and am delighted he is back home

6 minutes ago, ramit said:

Was a terrific player and good servant, will always be Derby to me and am delighted he is back home

6 minutes ago, ramit said:

He was ,massive mistake to sell him I have a video of the previous season before he was sold the number of goals that he was involved with was incredible .

I want welcome you to derby mate i hope this time around we can achieve in promation. I would keep hold of will huges craig bryson jeff hendrick andrew weimen butterfield Russell scott carson and tom ince if he willing to fight for his

Club or otherwise he can go. George Thorne you musy keep hold of. Lee grant but only if you can give him first team football. 

Jake buxton would like to keep perhaps offer coach player role perhaps send to work under wassle.

Keogh keep hold off unless you think he took us as far as he can other wise let him go. And same for shackall.

Craigh forsth keep him when fit he is best right back in this league no doubt about it.

Have a good look at our youth players in there is a few gems in there maybe ready step up to the first team. 

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I want welcome you to derby mate i hope this time around we can achieve in promation. I would keep hold of will huges craig bryson jeff hendrick andrew weimen butterfield Russell scott carson and tom ince if he willing to fight for his

Club or otherwise he can go. George Thorne you musy keep hold of. Lee grant but only if you can give him first team football. 

Jake buxton would like to keep perhaps offer coach player role perhaps send to work under wassle.

Keogh keep hold off unless you think he took us as far as he can other wise let him go. And same for shackall.

Craigh forsth keep him when fit he is best right back in this league no doubt about it.

Have a good look at our youth players in there is a few gems in there maybe ready step up to the first team. 

I am sure Nigel will listen very carefully to your advice.

Meanwhile, in other news, how's the Sean Dyche house purchase in Little Eaton going B4?

22 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Such a good right back that Derby never once played him there, as it would be too unfair on the opposition

20 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

this forum is getting along :blink:

Nigel Pearson is supposed to be a "nutter" that upsets everyone but he's brought us all together, I'm half expecting our fans to be hugging one another in the first home game of the season, ostrich suits out in force etc.. I love it!!!

200.gif

Ostrich costumes are a must. If I owned a shop in Derby, I'd be sourcing them on Alibaba right now!

5 minutes ago, eustonstation said:

Ostrich costumes are a must. If I owned a shop in Derby, I'd be sourcing them on Alibaba right now!

86D_large.jpeg?v=1409076235

With any luck some of our fans turn up on the opening day of the season in these... 

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nor was it Darren Wassalls squad and he lasted about 80 minutes before the knives were out.

The general consensus seemed to be that DW needed to be removed for an experienced manager who would virtually guarantee us promotion allegedly. 

Well the majority have what they wanted and I hope now that the goalposts don't start moving.

I hope this time next year a lot of people on here are saying 'I told you so'!

Mel clearly agreed with those who wanted a more experienced manager   ..end of .Or are you suggesting he was influenced by the crowd reaction? Some of us wanted an experienced manager 12 months ago.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Hang on, @B4ev6is. You want him to keep Scott Carson but also keep Lee Grant as long as he gets first-team football? I suppose we are light for cover at left back now you've moved Craig Forsyth to the right...

I think what B4 is suggesting is a new tactic whereby we play two goalies at the same time to help improve our defensive frailties.

Archived