Pearson signs 3 year deal

Rample

Nigel Pearson  

289 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Joel Stanley said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Johnson play LM initially, know it hasn't worked for us but reckon Pearson would give him a rocket if he doesn't perform, he is obviously capable scored 15 goals for Norwich when they went up

He played wide left just eleven times for Norwich last season…

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am just looking forward to the first game .. Bet we start hard and fast as everyone will be trying to look busy and impress the new gaffer .. Well that's what I hope anyway ! 

Preseason is going to be fascinating 

Pearson isnt a bully...he can put his arm around a player too...Jamie Vardy was struggling to begin with and wanted to return to Fleetwood but Pearson told him to hang in there and it would get better !

He just doesnt want players who think they are bigger than the club....Cambiasso had won Serie A and La Liga titles...lots thought  he might be coming to Leicester for a final good pay day...he never gave less than 100 per cent and also made sure no other players did to.

21 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

Thanks for that. I didn't think he'd be able to let it lie. 

Bitter & twisted as per normal. He ought to throw his ginormous hat into the ring and be their manager. Now that would be hilarious. 

Being too young, I wasn't around when he played for Derby or Forest. Who did he play for first, and what happened for him to be so bitter about us all the time? Even some Forest fans said he should bore off on Twitter the other day, he called us "enemies". Guy needs to get a grip.

1 hour ago, Ramos said:

Being too young, I wasn't around when he played for Derby or Forest. Who did he play for first, and what happened for him to be so bitter about us all the time? Even some Forest fans said he should bore off on Twitter the other day, he called us "enemies". Guy needs to get a grip.

Forest first, then, eventually, us. Probably comes out with all this ***** to please the Forest fans.

3 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Forest first, then, eventually, us. Probably comes out with all this ***** to please the Forest fans.

All you need to please a Forest fan is to say 'third star'. Or to wave a balloon on a stick.

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 17:33, Kernow said:

A lot of positive comments on the Leicester forum about him and our chances now we have him. The consensus is we'll be up within 2 seasons. I think that should be the aim. I'd be happy with a solid season this year and consistency. Hopefully he gets the time that Clement wasn't allowed.

I have to agree with you Kernow. A lot of "He is his own man and he is not a yes man".

I just hope Mel gives him the space to express himself and the time to build. Knowing Pearson, he will want to do it his way and build a team he can say is his and not inherited, he will keep the core of the team and put his own stamp around that.

Be patient is the order of the day.

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed this interview with Pearson when he was Leicester manager in the Championship. Gives a good insight into what sort of bloke he is. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leicester-city/10610721/Leicester-City-manager-Nigel-Pearson-happy-to-keep-away-from-the-pack-at-top-of-the-Championship.html

We've done the same walks he mentions in the article, but I've yet to fight off a pack of wild dogs. I wonder if he will still sit up in the stands like McClaren, or if he changed from this during his PL year. I must say I prefer a manager on the touchline trying to influence the referee, usually from feeling this is what Ferguson was a master at at Man U.

Strangely I kind of like the manager sitting higher up and getting a much better overview of the game and shape of the teams

3 hours ago, archied said:

Strangely I kind of like the manager sitting higher up and getting a much better overview of the game and shape of the teams

After seeing Martin O'Neill set up the Ireland goal with his quick supply of the ball for the throw in this afternoon, my views on managers being on the touchline have become more entrenched.

Archived