Pearson signs 3 year deal

Rample

Nigel Pearson  

289 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
23 minutes ago, eddie said:

Durban.

Always Durban.

Yes he was fans  favourite when doccherty left. Never got the job tho... And I would nt trust a fans favourite who happened to be an ex player, that hasn't usually ended well.

The question that has gone through my head for the past few hours is why did we wait? Pearson likely would have got us in the play offs and his experience may have meant a different outcome. 

Was it a case of thinking Pearson would want to change too much in a short time frame and it may have done more harm than good to have done that in February, so we went with a more stable mid season option.

Well done Mel excellent appointment. I agree with previous comments that we need a centre forward with pace but apart from that a good squad for NP to work with.

There will be no on pitch sulking, shoulder shrugging or arm waving under Nigel Pearson, and no players not contributing like Tom Ince in play off leg 2. In fact I tip Ince to be Championship player of the season 2016/7.

Great to see Chris Powell back, but the most amazing thing is we can approach next season with real positivity. Villa and Newcastle will be massive favourites for Auto promotion and this will take the pressure off the team.

Even EastHerts Ram is excited about NP ! Miracle. Lol.

PistoldPete2
Just now, Rample said:

The question that has gone through my head for the past few hours is why did we wait? Pearson likely would have got us in the play offs and his experience may have meant a different outcome. 

Was it a case of thinking Pearson would want to change too much in a short time frame and it may have done more harm than good to have done that in February, so we went with a more stable mid season option.

Like I've said I think there was some issue with Pearson being on gardening leave. Leicester also delicately poised with their bid for the title. Who knows? Maybe Pearson wanted a rest. Anyway he's here now. 

PistoldPete2
6 minutes ago, David said:

So was your post, Savage was a pantomime dame who I'd rather play against than have in me team, Pearson is a proper hard nut. 

Well I agree with rampage in seeing some similarities between savage and Pearson.. Pantomime villains rather than pantomime dames. Savage wasn't brilliant but much more tolerable when he's playing for you then when he's playing for the opposition especially when the opposition s Leicester. 

Hope he doesnt feel he has to tone down his aproach..I welcome it and presumably its what Mel saw in him that the previous managers didn't seem to have. Most amusing was how Nigel had Pat Murphy just digging and digging his own grave..

Pat 'I"m not the one making a fool of themself in press conferences'

Nigel 'Hmm' 

Quality.

18 minutes ago, Rample said:

Excellent point Rample

11 minutes ago, Rampage said:

News Flash -  97.3% of all those on dcfcfans apparently wanted Pearson and Powell from the very start, but some of us did not mention it at the beginning. :ermm:

i'd have been happy to have CP his own , but we've got 2 big names now , cud have 3 if 'arry stays on , have more managers than players , that's a new plan ..

Archived