Pearson signs 3 year deal

Rample

Nigel Pearson  

289 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well done Derby me duck !

I am a Leicester City fan of 40 years +

Nigel Pearson is your passport to the promised land.

Ranieri has a better public face but basically lucked out after all the hard ground work that Pearson put in place (shame his son mucked it all up). 

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
26 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

There maybe a good reason for it and fair enough but he should have been here straight after Clement went, wasted time.

Great appointment--eventually. 

Wasn't he on gardening leave? Anyway he's here now, and he was the one the fans wanted according to the DET poll. So we have no one to blame but ourselves if things don't work out.

PistoldPete2
1 minute ago, nfb said:

I bet Benitez has taken note.... the gauntlet has been thrown down :thumbsup:

Yeah but newcastle will still be hot favourites. 

Is it August yet? Excited for next season now we have a "manager" in charge, very good appointment our players need someone with a pair to guide them. It wasn't done for whatever reason after Clement but I believe if it was we'd be at least heading to Wembley tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, HertfordFox said:

Well done Derby me duck !

I am a Leicester City fan of 40 years +

Nigel Pearson is your passport to the promised land.

Ranieri has a better public face but basically lucked out after all the hard ground work that Pearson put in place (shame his son mucked it all up). 

Just over a year ago Leicester were 7 points from fourth bottom and saftey and Nigel Pearson turned them around to become premiar league champians

34 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

There maybe a good reason for it and fair enough but he should have been here straight after Clement went, wasted time.

Great appointment--eventually. 

I think (obviously only in my opinion) that appointing Wassall in the interim was absolutely the right thing to do. He is a guy all the players would be familiar with, who knew all the players. We by-passed all the possible turmoil of bringing in a new managerial team mid-term who would have to get to know the players and try to make their mark while still trying to achieve a top-6 finish.

Now our new managerial team have the full pre-season period to prepare.

Pearson is like Savage. He is a nightmare to be up against but brilliant to be on our side. Well done Mel.

Nigel Pearson, what a guy.

Chris Powell, what a guy.

What do you do when the Ref fails to give us three penalties and unfairly sends off a Derby player? Send Chris Powell out for the interview. Job done!

15 minutes ago, Ewetube said:

I think (obviously only in my opinion) that appointing Wassall in the interim was absolutely the right thing to do. He is a guy all the players would be familiar with, who knew all the players. We by-passed all the possible turmoil of bringing in a new managerial team mid-term who would have to get to know the players and try to make their mark while still trying to achieve a top-6 finish.

Now our new managerial team have the full pre-season period to prepare.

Some merit in what you say, but Derby didn't turn up a few times under DW can't imagine that will happen under Pearson.

38 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Wasn't he on gardening leave? Anyway he's here now, and he was the one the fans wanted according to the DET poll. So we have no one to blame but ourselves if things don't work out.

Durban.

Always Durban.

4 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Some merit in what you say, but Derby didn't turn up a few times under DW can't imagine that will happen under Pearson.

If they go missing in action under NP I wouldn't envy the consequences they'll face.

3 hours ago, eustonstation said:

Nice one. 

And it's "manager", not "head coach". That's an important distinction.

Spot on.

Pearson was my first call and I’m absolutely delighted. Well done Mel Morris, what the delay was prior to Wassail I’m not sure, but I’m convinced your astute selection will pay dividends.

We have basically wasted the last three years with a succession of coaches at the helm who were incapable of managing. I have to admit my passion has been diluted over this period mainly due to the path and direction we were heading. Can’t put my finger on it but there was just something missing.

However, now fully restored and eagerly awaiting the kick and forthcoming season.

Not a huge fan of his, but will back him 100% and you can't deny the fact that he galvanises his teams- which is what we need given our soft underbelly. 

Also fantastic to see Chris Powell back at the club, he's a nice guy and a decent manager in his own right. 

I imagine they will be chomping at the bit to get started, no hanging around on the beach. They've both had a while off so they should be up to speed quickly.

This summer is going to be interesting, with a few surprises along the way. 

Good luck to them.

Finally puts the myth to bed Clement was hoofed because he didn't conform to "The Derby Way"

Spot on appointment, obviously needed. Well done

Archived