Pearson signs 3 year deal

Rample

Nigel Pearson  

289 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Anon said:

What a trio of wet, weak willed willies. Imagine going on the local news and crying your eyes out because you've been clouted by a 50 year old for trespassing.

What do u expect from those inbreds down the road

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a great start to the weekend! Thanks Mel, all of a sudden, August just got nearer.

One word of caution though, during that last Championship 100 point season, during which Leicester tore us a new @rse on a Friday night, I remember Foxes fans calling for Pearson to be sacked (and the local press intimating it was going to happen) in the previous September - so patience is going to be needed to give him time to deliver us to the promised land. Remember, no matter how good we think our squad is, it's not his squad - give him time and in Nige we trust. COYR!!

3 minutes ago, David said:

Added a simple poll. Don't like the question or possible choices? don't vote! 

It's an emphatic yes from me. Exactly what we need and should instil the right mental strength into the team. There might be some changes in tactics and personnel though!

42 minutes ago, Monkeytennis12345 said:

Just been discussing it with the guy in my local Chippie, down under ! He knows I'm a Rams fan and said it was a 'bonzer' appointment . I hope that means he approved ?! 

Appropriate replies to any statement from an Aussie...

1. I hope your chicks turn to emus and kick your dunny door down
  2. Go and stick your head up a dead bear's bum

That's all the Strine I know, sorry.

7 minutes ago, eddie said:

Appropriate replies to any statement from an Aussie...

1. I hope your chicks turn to emus and kick your dunny door down
  2. Go and stick your head up a dead bear's bum

That's all the Strine I know, sorry.

If I get a kick in the nuts after I 1st use those retorts , then I know who to send the medical bill to !

Seriously, though, this is a cracking appointment. We are lucky to have him and he is lucky to have us . 

The response from Fester fans should tell us all we need to know . 

Very happy Rams fan down under...

12 minutes ago, Monkeytennis12345 said:

If I get a kick in the nuts after I 1st use those retorts , then I know who to send the medical bill to !

Seriously, though, this is a cracking appointment. We are lucky to have him and he is lucky to have us . 

The response from Fester fans should tell us all we need to know . 

Very happy Rams fan down under...

Send the bill to Barry Humphries.

Both quotes originated in the utterly wonderful 'Barry McKenzie' films, which taught me everything I ever needed to know about Aussie culture.

"Heave away, heave away, chunder in the old Pacific sea"

I'm on the fence, I don't like what I've seen of him in the media but have read (on here) he is different away from the cameras.

I acknowledge he's probably the strongest candidate of managers available, I'll be very disappointed if Warburton starts the new season in England but I can't see that happening.

It's going to take some getting used to seeing him with a ram on his chest, still not thrilled at the prospect of that but it's made a lot of people happy so that can't be bad thing.

I do worry we have some rich young men in our squad that might not buy into his no nonsense approach even though I think that's what we need but at the end of the day, if he does well, we do well so I just have to accept that.

4 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I'm on the fence, I don't like what I've seen of him in the media but have read (on here) he is different away from the cameras.

I acknowledge he's probably the strongest candidate of managers available, I'll be very disappointed if Warburton starts the new season in England but I can't see that happening.

It's going to take some getting used to seeing him with a ram on his chest, still not thrilled at the prospect of that but it's made a lot of people happy so that can't be bad thing.

I do worry we have some rich young men in our squad that might not buy into his no nonsense approach even though I think that's what we need but at the end of the day, if he does well, we do well so I just have to accept that.

No guaranties of success, who ever we appointed.However sure this is as good an appointment for both parties.Pearson will have a point to prove and. no doubt be ambitious and determined to succeed considering his last post.

Onwards and upwards,sure changes are afoot and we will see the club moving another step forward

I was never quite sure why he got sacked at the end of last season.

Promoted by a country mile,1st season up, they'd been playing well and just not getting the results. Then it all seemed to click and they drew well away from relegation, against all the odds.

Then they sack him.

Was it the incident with his son, who acted like a complete pillock, or had they already lined Ranieri up.and used it as an excuse?

Or don't they like ostriches in Thailand?

39 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I was never quite sure why he got sacked at the end of last season.

Promoted by a country mile,1st season up, they'd been playing well and just not getting the results. Then it all seemed to click and they drew well away from relegation, against all the odds.

Then they sack him.

Was it the incident with his son, who acted like a complete pillock, or had they already lined Ranieri up.and used it as an excuse?

Or don't they like ostriches in Thailand?

in the far east, video and obscene gestures - nothing to do with NP.

All about his son and a couple of others............. 

Yes yes yes!!!

NIGEL PEARSON'S BLACK N WHITE ARMY

HE'S NOT MAD HE'S CHUFFIN BARMY

Unless someone at the club comes out with a reason why NP wasn't made manager in February then it will all be conjecture. Was he on gardening leave and therefore was entitled to a big wad if Leicester maintained their form? Did he just want to sit back for a while and recharge batteries? Or did Mel honestly believe that DW deserved the chance of having a crack at the manager's job? As a business man first and foremost the idea of promoting from within could well have been his thinking. I think that if that were the case, although it was a big shout he should be commended for his loyalty. If DW had got the team firing on all cylinders (especially in that first leg) then it would have been a master stroke. DW can only have improved for the experience. What he has learned in first team match conditions will help him be even better with the under 21s. Plus if he's ever needed again then the club, and hopefully the fans, will know that he can be counted on to do his very best. Good luck to NP. Thank you to DW. And now let's get behind the team for this new adventure. Supporting them can only help them as well. COYR

Yes with a little reluctance more than on the fence.

I'm sure he'll do a good job but I'm not warm to him particularly and doesn't seem to be an appointment in keeping with the Clement then Wassall thinking. Mel stuck to his conviction last season - is this a shift in focus or just a bit of realism and flexibility?

I'm on the fence.

We had an identity in the last few managers with the type of players we had.

Im not sure, and I bet Mel isnt sure which direction we will go now. Really hope Pearson doesnt totally abandon the players we have in favour of bringing his own players in whom he trusts.

Its not as simplistic as wanting promotion ASAP for me.

I also personally think its stupid how excited fans are about this guy (whom I dispised when he was at Leicester) yet many of the other candidates fans were dead against. Whoever was in charge should be getting the same treatment, especially before a ball is kicked. Having this guy in charge doesnt excite me any more than if it was Sherwood, martinez or even Wassall. Not until I see what he does with the squad anyway.

6 hours ago, SIWY said:

Not necessarily, I actually think Ince puts lots of effort in and has a good attitude however he sometimes comes across as 'not caring' because he just keeps a cool head. 

I don't think the reputation of his Dad helps him; I don't think Tom Ince is a bad apple by any means.

Pearson isn't stupid I don't think, He'll know who needs a bollicking and he'll know who needs a cuddle and telling he's great, Ince will get the latter I think, no point rollicking Ince because he reminds me of someone who tends to drop his head when a mouthing occurs, that's not a bad attitude its just how he is.. I'm wondering who Chris Martin is, is he a man who will get angry and play out of his skin after a rollicking or is he someone who will throw a tantrum?.. we'll find out no doubt.

One thing is for certain none of our lot are going to get an easy ride any more, no more pizzas and moping around in training... fantastic!!!

Archived