Pearson signs 3 year deal

Rample

Nigel Pearson  

289 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For me it's a year of experiment over with novices being given the chance ,yep ok one had lots of plaudits as a no 2 and one knew the club stepping in when it did nt work out ,,, I'm not going to knock Mel Morris for taking the bull by the horns and bringing in Pearson ( yes I wanted him in) , he has looked at things seen what he felt needed to be done and done it ,, if there's not the calibre of head coach and recruitment team around but there's a manager right there who you feel can do a spot on job for us then for me it shows strength not weakness getting him in ,, manager , head coach , recruitment team ,, scouts , who gives a crap what their titles are ,, can they do the job ,that's the bottom line ,, I believe Pearson can and I believe Morris' can ,, we are drifting no more , Mel has re focused us and given us direction again

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Mel clearly agreed with those who wanted a more experienced manager   ..end of .Or are you suggesting he was influenced by the crowd reaction? Some of us wanted an experienced manager 12 months ago.

Did you? 

I don't remember many complaints when PC was appointed. Maybe a few doubts. Don't even remember too many by Xmas.

All I am saying is that I hope Pearson is judged using the same parameters that were used by many for slating Wassall.

5 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

I think Powell will do a lot of the interviews as well, to help Nigel out a little in that department, I don't think we'll be seeing NP doing all the interviews more of a 50-50 thing and that's good imo. 

But NP will keep the Pat Murphy interviews all to himself!

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Did you? 

I don't remember many complaints when PC was appointed. Maybe a few doubts. Don't even remember too many by Xmas.

All I am saying is that I hope Pearson is judged using the same parameters that were used by many for slating Wassall.

Agreed, short term memories, long term agendas......

54 minutes ago, archied said:

For me it's a year of experiment over with novices being given the chance ,yep ok one had lots of plaudits as a no 2 and one knew the club stepping in when it did nt work out ,,, I'm not going to knock Mel Morris for taking the bull by the horns and bringing in Pearson ( yes I wanted him in) , he has looked at things seen what he felt needed to be done and done it ,, if there's not the calibre of head coach and recruitment team around but there's a manager right there who you feel can do a spot on job for us then for me it shows strength not weakness getting him in ,, manager , head coach , recruitment team ,, scouts , who gives a crap what their titles are ,, can they do the job ,that's the bottom line ,, I believe Pearson can and I believe Morris' can ,, we are drifting no more , Mel has re focused us and given us direction again

And if this appointment doesn't work out right what then? 

Do we give Pearson the same treatment as Wassall? Or do we turn in MM again and accuse him of ruining our club again?

I'm happy with the appointment but it will be very interesting to see how the fans react if things are not going as they hoped come November / December.

Pearson is a builder. His record suggests that his first season will start slowly and only really come together towards the end. We need to be patient. We'll see the full 'Pearson effect' the season after. He's won every poll as fans' choice recently and many of us have been touting him for months. I suspect that his record and the buzz around his appointment will buy him some time - and he's shown in the past that he's worth that patience. Chris Powell won't do any harm to that either.

We (especially me) can't be critical of Mel's decision, even if it goes belly up. My only concern is that Pearson has fallen out with every owner that he's worked for. As long as him and Mel don't come to blows, I reckon that our future is rosy.

9 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Pearson is a builder. His record suggests that his first season will start slowly and only really come together towards the end. We need to be patient. We'll see the full 'Pearson effect' the season after. He's won every poll as fans' choice recently and many of us have been touting him for months. I suspect that his record and the buzz around his appointment will buy him some time - and he's shown in the past that he's worth that patience. Chris Powell won't do any harm to that either.

We (especially me) can't be critical of Mel's decision, even if it goes belly up. My only concern is that Pearson has fallen out with every owner that he's worked for. As long as him and Mel don't come to blows, I reckon that our future is rosy.

If Darren Wassall was not afforded time to grow into the job why should Pearson be any different?

Most people were quite clear that Pearson was the stand out candidate, experienced and was close a guarantee to promotion as we could get.

Already I am now seeing that he needs time to build his own team and clear the deadwood.

I actually agree with it but it shows a ridiculous level of hypocrisy.

Brilliant appointment. Cant wait for the new season. I bet new season tickets are now flying off the shelf lol

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

If Darren Wassall was not afforded time to grow into the job why should Pearson be any different?

Most people were quite clear that Pearson was the stand out candidate, experienced and was close a guarantee to promotion as we could get.

Already I am now seeing that he needs time to build his own team and clear the deadwood.

Why is it hypocrisy? I think the general consensus what that Wassal wasn't good enough when he was given the job, didn't display enough to keep it, and therefore didn't have the credentials to be the manager.  I'm not quite sure what the issue is.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I actually agree with it but ite shows a ridiculous level of hypocrisy.

Completely agree.

There are a load of conflicting agendas on the forum.

I can certainly envisage a scenario where things are not great in the short term. Neither performances or results. The reactions should such a scenario come to pass would be interesting to witness indeed.

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Why is it hypocrisy? I think the general consensus what that Wassal wasn't good enough when he was given the job, didn't display enough to keep it, and therefore didn't have the credentials to be the manager.  I'm not quite sure what the issue is.

No surprise there...

26 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Pearson gets time because he's proven to be worth it.

Wassall has no track record, so there's no reason to believe that he would have ever succeeded. 

It's harsh on Wassall, but this club (or the thirty or so others of a similar size or bigger) should not be hiring rookie managers.

20 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

But how did people know, if he had never managed? People had made their minds up, made a judgement call, hung, drawn and quartered the chap before a ball had been kicked, purely and simply on the first 45 minutes against Ipswich a couple of seasons ago.

Perhaps not hypocrisy, but it sure as hell was down to certain Derby fans having a Forest-level sense of entitlement.

Just watched his controversial Leicester ostrich & Pat Murphey interview videos on YouTube, at the time I thought he was an arrogant *****, now he's a Ram I think he was immense and was backing his players to the hilt, funny how opinions can change when he's one of our own now!

Archived