Pearson signs 3 year deal

Rample

Nigel Pearson  

289 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Brilliant news. The Chris Powell bit is the icing on the cake

On what level?

Im delighted we have gone for a No2 with good solid experience as a manager at this level.

He really knows the division, as I think Pearson does.

Im also delighted for the no black coaches and managers briggade that we can employ him.

However, I could not give a stuff whether he is a former favourite as a player who the fans can get all sentimental about.

When it comes to managers, its been proven time and time again you get more success with guys who have no affiliation with the club whatsoever.

Former players usually dampen the regard you had for them as players with poor managerial performances.

7 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Promotion next season, 100%.

Wonder how many of your fans he'll tell to f*ck off and die on the way though. 

Dunno about that. I'm fairly confident we'll improve from last season but now we've got Newcastle with Benitez, Villa who've just been taken over so could spend big, Brighton have got Hughton tied down to a new deal and will probably improve their squad, Norwich you'd expect to keep most of their squad together and will be up there, Wigan I reckon may be up there, your lot out of the embargo and a new owner and Fulham out of the embargo .... It gets said nearly every season that 'this year will be the hardest,' but it's the first time in a while I'm actually thinking it could be.

Yep, mostly happy.

Pearson has a terrific track record, and I can still remember watching Leicester tear us apart with ease and a clear game plan - the second best in the league at the time - in their promotion season. Hope we do that to a few of our main rivals next season.

Scouting system needs sorting still, because we've basically been signing dross or been paying big money with mixed results since Clough left. Not all bad, but we've got a pretty worrying strike rate.

Hopefully Pearson will knock some sense into them or knows some mates who can do better, but I just hope he doesn't clear players out and then sign sub-par replacements we've scouted for him...

Chris Powell knows how to make Butterfield work well, which is great.

W OW   this club has now moved into gear.a no-nonsense guy,always liked him,calls a spade a spade.

Player power no chance,,dirty tricks he knows them all,a top manager,what a choice Chris Powell as the assistant

Mel Morris  must have learned a lot,in a short time,well done on a great appointment ---    ,A TIP.

If going into the dressing room,when things,are not right------were a crash hat and duck,and the air will be blue.

From me well done Mel Morris

Also, a further thought, Pearson seems like the kind of guy who would rather hammer a nail through his nuts than limply bother to contend with your local rivals like Clement did in his only East Mids Derby. He seems like someone who understands English football at all levels, as he's been there done that etc - I liked Clement but he always seemed a bit unconcerned with anything other than the highest levels of the game...

A lot of positive comments on the Leicester forum about him and our chances now we have him. The consensus is we'll be up within 2 seasons. I think that should be the aim. I'd be happy with a solid season this year and consistency. Hopefully he gets the time that Clement wasn't allowed.

4 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

On what level?

Im delighted we have gone for a No2 with good solid experience as a manager at this level.

He really knows the division, as I think Pearson does.

Im also delighted for the no black coaches and managers briggade that we can employ him.

However, I could not give a stuff whether he is a former favourite as a player who the fans can get all sentimental about.

When it comes to managers, its been proven time and time again you get more success with guys who have no affiliation with the club whatsoever.

Former players usually dampen the regard you had for them as players with poor managerial performances.

The ones in bold. The fact he was a fan favourite is neither here nor there - he just has a great reputation as a bloke and as a manager

To get him in as a #2 is am amazing feat when he could have had the manager's job at most clubs in this league

Decent appointment at Championship level. He'll get us playing with a bit of swagger again I think. If he can keep hold of Will Hughes, bring in a couple of decent centre backs, I think we can't go far wrong.

It will be very interesting to see what his transfer budget will be...although if he can make signings like he did at Leicester (Vardy, Mahrez and Kante) then maybe it isn't that important. 

PistoldPete2

I missed all the fun. Lots of experience of the Championship these guys. Hope they won't get much more experience of it tho, exactly one more year will do. 

Well that's that sorted then, experienced, successful and available, and a decent assistant in Chris Powell with very good connections with Derby and a wealth of experience, well done to Mel Morris etc, what more can he do? 

Hopfully we get the luck to accompany both of them, and the players should be very interested in what is happening.

a big thank you to Darren Wassal for improving the football and returning to his full time role.

Good appointment, someone who knows how to get out of the Championship at last. I've always rated Chris Powell even more so than Pearson if I'm honest. The two together should be a good combination. Let's just hope though that Mel keeps out of the dressing room & leaves them to it. 

It will be interesting now to see what Pearson does with the squad he's inherited. as I can't somehow see him being given another £25 Million to spend.

8 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

The mail saying there is little transfer expenditure available this summer.

Sportsmail understands Derby believe Pearson can provide the required inspiration for the current squad without the need for another summer of heavy investment. The club spent in the region of £20million last year but for the third season in succession failed to gain promotion, losing to Hull in the play-off semi finals

Archived