Should I Leave the Forum?

Should I leave the forum?  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Time for my semi-regular disappearance off the forum for a while, starting tomorrow. This time to pursue a business venture.

I’m taking 5/6 months away from drinking, partying and non-work-related social media to maximise the (statistically slim) chances of getting it off the ground. It’s a big change of lifestyle, but I’m terrible at saying no to fun things, and I need a change of environment to ensure I can properly get my head down and graft my arse off.

The biggest sacrifice I’m making, however, is not attending any Derby games until Christmas. Those who know me will know following the team home and away is a huge part of my life that I’ll miss terribly. I’m hoping it will be worth the sacrifice though, and I intend to be back in the stands from Christmas onwards as part of a more balanced life.

I thought I’d post about it in here in case anyone notices I’m missing and wonders where I’ve gone (incredibly unlikely, I know). I’m tagging you in this @B4ev6is so you know I’m not ignoring any of your messages!

So to those who, god forbid, may miss me, I bid you a fond farewell and will see you when the snow is falling, Derby are top of the league and England are champions of the world!

Up the Rams,

DFR x

So basically, what you are saying is that you are dreaming of a white Christmas.

Good luck in your venture.

46 minutes ago, David said:

Finding that balance is definitely key to a healthy mind. 

@DarkFruitsRam7 I take the piss, but when I talk about willpower, I am being serious, requesting bans locking you out won’t allow you to become stronger to focus on what you need to to. 

You can give this new business venture everything you have whilst allowing yourself time to unwind.

If @DarkFruitsRam7 leaves the forum and then strangely reappears as a Mod on the Werder Bremen forum, will you get compo?

14 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Time for my semi-regular disappearance off the forum for a while, starting tomorrow. This time to pursue a business venture.

I’m taking 5/6 months away from drinking, partying and non-work-related social media to maximise the (statistically slim) chances of getting it off the ground. 

5 or 6 months not drinking! Blimey! I feel giddy at the thought. Must be a good venture. Best of luck (while I’m knocking back a Black Sheep Milk Stout - no not the stuff that little old ladies used to drink in a pub) 

On 04/07/2022 at 23:29, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’m taking 5/6 months away from drinking, partying and non-work-related social media to maximise the (statistically slim) chances of getting it off the ground. It’s a big change of lifestyle, but I’m terrible at saying no to fun things, and I need a change of environment to ensure I can properly get my head down and graft my arse off.

The biggest sacrifice I’m making, however, is not attending any Derby games until Christmas. Those who know me will know following the team home and away is a huge part of my life that I’ll miss terribly. I’m hoping it will be worth the sacrifice though, and I intend to be back in the stands from Christmas onwards as part of a more balanced life.

I thought I’d post about it in here in case anyone notices I’m missing and wonders where I’ve gone (incredibly unlikely, I know). I’m tagging you in this @B4ev6is so you know I’m not ignoring any of your messages!

So to those who, god forbid, may miss me, I bid you a fond farewell and will see you when the snow is falling, Derby are top of the league and England are champions of the world!

Up the Rams,

DFR x

I don't usually visit Jim Smith's room, but I'm currently having my first ever dark fruit cider in London and wanted to give you a shout about it. Conveniently, you had posted this.

I can fully understand your decision to have half an year without this poo. Makes me wanna quit drinking as well. Tastes like cider made for children. Absolutely horrendous stuff.

Can't be arsed to read all the advice you've been given but there are two sides to the equation.

If you think your GSE' will be important in the great scheme of things, then YES, get off now. 

Do NOT try and use a finite resource like willpower to moderate your behaviour.

If you think you will look back on your GCS's as largely irrelevant, then for gods-sake man, stay where you are.

Oh, I just looked up and say you were aiming for a months banning.

Probably wise.

You *may* regret staying on the forum, but few people ever regret passing exams.

46 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Can't be arsed to read all the advice you've been given but there are two sides to the equation.

If you think your GSE' will be important in the great scheme of things, then YES, get off now. 

Do NOT try and use a finite resource like willpower to moderate your behaviour.

If you think you will look back on your GCS's as largely irrelevant, then for gods-sake man, stay where you are.

Oh, I just looked up and say you were aiming for a months banning.

Probably wise.

You *may* regret staying on the forum, but few people ever regret passing exams.

v.2:

IZzbKw.gif