Should I Leave the Forum?

Should I leave the forum?  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 15/05/2016 at 12:24, BurtonRam7 said:

Hey guys, I'm looking for some honest advice here.

My first GCSE exam starts tomorrow and I'm working hard, but I find that I'm getting increasingly distracted by the forum. My exam results mean a lot to me as I have high ambitions for the future

Don't worry. Society has already condemned you to the scrapheap.

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Considering doing this again for A-Levels. Was thinking of having a good few months off because it's the single biggest cause of my procrastination:D.

Revise. Please, please revise.

You will not regret my advice. Although my advice is on the assumption you're going to uni? If that's wrong then forget this advice.

For university holds many things. Fire engine call-outs, illegal substances, take-aways, beer, football and the odd lecture and arrest.

The freedom when you've been unshackled from your cruel, cruel parents will feel like we've just beaten the likes of Watford and Bournemouth in the Premier League and have risen up the table to 16th and just a minus 16 goal difference.

You'll find people there who support teams like Coventry and Portsmouth. You can reel off all our dissapointments and see who really has suffered the worst season.

And then there's the women. Treat them with respect :ph34r:. Remember, they don't care about how many games you've been to, or how many times you've been away this year. They're not interested in seeing the Derby/Sheffield Wednesday bounce on Youtube, or that Wanchope goal at Old Trafford with Graham Richard's voice playing over the top.

It is the best place in the world. Freedom, lack of responsibilities, optional part-time employment only, free money to spend on dodgy haircuts and fashionable clothes that just don't suit you. You might even make some friends :p.

Revise. It'll be worth it. Get on the course you want to at the uni you want to.

10 minutes ago, Moist One said:

learn some self-control or balance.

This!Just set yourself some boundaries son.

Surely it’s got to be a positive thing if you use it wisely.

I’m sure there’s plenty of people on here who can help you with revision tips?

Perhaps limit it to match days?

Drunken match reports are compulsory really these days?.

Happy to wait a few months though if it helps you get the results.

Norman and Moisty are on the right track, give yourself the best opportunity to be in an occupation you’ll enjoy, you’re a long time at work.

What you don’t want is to get to your 40’s or 50’s  (which I know will seem like a lifetime away to you now) in a job you don’t enjoy and admit to yourself you never fulfilled your potential, it’s not a nice feeling.

Best of luck to you. :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Norman said:

Revise. Please, please revise.

You will not regret my advice. Although my advice is on the assumption you're going to uni? If that's wrong then forget this advice.

For university holds many things. Fire engine call-outs, illegal substances, take-aways, beer, football and the odd lecture and arrest.

The freedom when you've been unshackled from your cruel, cruel parents will feel like we've just beaten the likes of Watford and Bournemouth in the Premier League and have risen up the table to 16th and just a minus 16 goal difference.

You'll find people there who support teams like Coventry and Portsmouth. You can reel off all our dissapointments and see who really has suffered the worst season.

And then there's the women. Treat them with respect :ph34r:. Remember, they don't care about how many games you've been to, or how many times you've been away this year. They're not interested in seeing the Derby/Sheffield Wednesday bounce on Youtube, or that Wanchope goal at Old Trafford with Graham Richard's voice playing over the top.

It is the best place in the world. Freedom, lack of responsibilities, optional part-time employment only, free money to spend on dodgy haircuts and fashionable clothes that just don't suit you. You might even make some friends :p.

Revise. It'll be worth it. Get on the course you want to at the uni you want to.

I can't reiterate this enough! A Levels will be the toughest set of exams in your life so I recommend to put absolutely everything into them to get the rewards.  Uni will be piss easy in comparison, particularly first year which is just a year of going out on the pull.

Edited by McLovin

try not to think about derby county, the transfer window, ins, outs, birmingham away, the fact that we are second in the league, possible stokie interest in our manager, thoughts on man utd away, scott carsons saves, december manager of the month, player of the season, wisdom v baird, forsyth v olssen, george thorne's contract renewal, ledley's fitness, team for brum, chris martin's future, breaking news, transfer rumours, transfer suggestions, u23s, u18s, darren bent, what other clubs fans are saying, what other posters are saying / doing 

Creating a thread probably doesn't help.:lol:

Get David to ban you again for a couple of months(or even an IP ban) if you get tempted to view the forum. Give him an approximate date before hand of when your exams will finish so he can unban you, provided that he remembers. Alternatively, I'd recommend downloading a website blocker from the internet, although I'd recommend looking at the reviews first to ensure they are authentic.

Take @Normans advice, and ban yourself.

You'll not miss the company of a few hundred Derby County geeks for a couple of months, compared to the lifetime of missed opportunities should you flunk your exams.

You wouldn't ask the question if you were confident of keeping a forum/study balance, so don't risk it.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Get David to ban you again for a couple of months(or even an IP ban) if you get tempted to view the forum. Give him an approximate date before hand of when your exams will finish so he can unban you, provided that he remembers. Alternatively, I'd recommend downloading a website blocker from the internet, although I'd recommend looking at the reviews first to ensure they are authentic.

Be really offensive to a forum member you think is a tw*t. Get a 6 month ban. Come back all apologetic!

15 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

What’s the plan son?

See my post in the Birmingham matchday thread:

Posted Tuesday at 23:23

After realising how ****** I am for my mock exams, I've made a decision.

This will be my last drunken match report of the season. After Saturday, I'll request @David to ban me from the forum until the end of my exams.

Let's hope it ends on a high.

COYR.

Very sad about it but probably for the best.

23 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

See my post in the Birmingham matchday thread:

Very sad about it but probably for the best.

I’m sure we can come up with a positive spin on this for you?

And don’t forget,you can only do your best mate.

Don’t be letting the pressure drag you down.

If you’re struggling or need any help give us a shout.