Should I Leave the Forum?

Should I leave the forum?  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey guys, I'm looking for some honest advice here.

My first GCSE exam starts tomorrow and I'm working hard, but I find that I'm getting increasingly distracted by the forum. My exam results mean a lot to me as I have high ambitions for the future, so I'm just wondering whether you would recommend leaving the forum for the next month to avoid distraction. Leaving won't mean the end of my leisure time, and I find that I don't come on during my breaks but during periods where I should be revising, so it really isn't helping.

It will be tough for me as I love to hear everybody's opinions on here but I'm leaning towards leaving for a month to focus on my studies (obviously if you really don't like me then you can vote for the 3rd option). I really value everyone's opinions on here, so a vote in the poll would be much appreciated. Thanks.:)

I don't think you should leave, just have a bit of self-restraint.

I reckon I managed about 2.5 hours revision a day for my GCSEs which was plenty. Why don't you try to minimise usage of your computer/phone? If you're looking at something on a web address, print it out. Revise somewhere where your computer isn't and try to do a 50-60 minute chunk. In your breaks between revision periods still stay away from the forum, just watch TV for 30 minutes or something.

Then you'll probably be done by about 2 and can meme away as much as you like on here :) 

Just now, Posh Ram said:

I don't think you should leave, just have a bit of self-restraint.

I reckon I managed about 2.5 hours revision a day for my GCSEs which was plenty. Why don't you try to minimise usage of your computer/phone? If you're looking at something on a web address, print it out. Revise somewhere where your computer isn't and try to do a 50-60 minute chunk. In your breaks between revision periods still stay away from the forum, just watch TV for 30 minutes or something.

Then you'll probably be done by about 2 and can meme away as much as you like on here :) 

Thanks for the comment.:)

The only problem is that my revision is all on my iPad (our school gives each student one), so it's really easy to just open a new tab and click on the forum.:unsure:

I know I should be able to resist the urge but it's quite addictive.:D

Couldn't see a No, you "like" ho option so just went for the straight No.

Use the forum as a reward kind of thing, if you reach your targets for study/revision, come on and shoot the breeze, learn from a few masters of wit, insight and punnery.

You mustn't however forget to leave time to knock one out to Babestation. ;)

1 minute ago, EastHertsRam said:

Couldn't see a No, you "like" ho option so just went for the straight No.

Use the forum as a reward kind of thing, if you reach your targets for study/revision, come on and shoot the breeze, learn from a few masters of wit, insight and punnery.

You mustn't however forget to leave time to knock one out to Babestation. ;)

Babe station? Pffffttt. That's for ten year olds at sleepovers to discover their first taste of sexual attraction! I'm more of a Hub guy.;)

26 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

The only problem is that my revision is all on my iPad (our school gives each student one), so it's really easy to just open a new tab and click on the forum.:unsure:

Ooh, how posh!

I get that would be more distracting, it's why I don't really get schools giving out iPads. 

I think the key is to do a couple of hours of focused revision rather than half a day where you keep getting distracted. Try to set up a timetable or something. 

Ultimately I wouldn't worry too much, I used to get distracted all the time (although more often than not it was the kind of distraction @EastHertsRam is talking about :mellow:). Also, as long as you feel confident, don't do too much "last minute" revision, it's much more helpful to have a regular sleep pattern and spend the time before the exam thinking about actual exam technique than stressing too much over the finer points of your notes.

51 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Yes, leave for the month, they'll be nothing much happening forum wise and it's too important for you to risk the distraction. 

In fact, I'd go one step further and get yourself banned for a month, just to help you focus.

Ask @eddie if you need advice on the best way to go about it!

Just piss Srg off. Anything will do - mention the weather, the fact that his skin is improving and that nobody would know that he caught Leprosy off a red squirrel on Brownsea Island, learn French, anything really.

39 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I would love to insult you but I'm afraid I wouldn't do as well as nature did.:ph34r:

This is the slow build up to my eventual ban...

Out of interest, which two mugs voted for the 3rd option?:D

It's three now...

:p

Almost seriously though, if you're lacking self-determination, you won't be that good student anyway so might as well just spend all your time here...

2 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Hey guys, I'm looking for some honest advice here.

My first GCSE exam starts tomorrow and I'm working hard, but I find that I'm getting increasingly distracted by the forum. My exam results mean a lot to me as I have high ambitions for the future, so I'm just wondering whether you would recommend leaving the forum for the next month to avoid distraction. Leaving won't mean the end of my leisure time, and I find that I don't come on during my breaks but during periods where I should be revising, so it really isn't helping.

It will be tough for me as I love to hear everybody's opinions on here but I'm leaning towards leaving for a month to focus on my studies (obviously if you really don't like me then you can vote for the 3rd option). I really value everyone's opinions on here, so a vote in the poll would be much appreciated. Thanks.:)

Yep, bin the forum while you get your exams done.

It's your future. The forum will still be here once you have done.

I'm sure it'll do you good too, not having to read all the whining little girls posting crap because we haven't won the league by 50 points.

Good luck

When I was taking my GCSE's it was during the 2002 World cup, saw almost every game (got to see all of England's) and I didn't revise at all, figured that either I knew it or I didn't. Didn't do too bad in my exams came out with B's and C's. But then I remember lots of pointless things.

Maybe I'm not the best to take advice from...

3 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

On iPad....iiiiiiii bleedin Pad... In Eddie and Utch day you would be lucky to get a piece of slate and have to share a nub of chalk. 

All right then ladies and gents, I've taken your advice and looked at the polls. Whilst I like the suggestions of reading the forum to unwind, the temptation to browse whilst revising would still be present, therefore I think I will get myself banned (for a month if possible). I've enjoyed my time here on the forum, I'll miss you all terribly. I hereby instruct @David, @Boycie, @Srg, @eddie and all mods and members to go **** themselves. Thanks for all the good luck messages and I'll see you in a month.

image.jpeg

13 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

All right then ladies and gents, I've taken your advice and looked at the polls. Whilst I like the suggestions of reading the forum to unwind, the temptation to browse whilst revising would still be present, therefore I think I will get myself banned (for a month if possible). I've enjoyed my time here on the forum, I'll miss you all terribly. I hereby instruct @David, @Boycie, @Srg, @eddie and all mods and members to go **** themselves. Thanks for all the good luck messages and I'll see you in a month.

image.jpeg

Permanent ban for that.