Should I Leave the Forum?

Should I leave the forum?  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 1 year later...
On 16/06/2016 at 03:10, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I finish on Friday and have no exam tomorrow, so I'm feeling optimistic and decided to return one and a bit days early to grace the forum with my presence, clearly everyone wants me back judging by the poll results?.

He so wanted to have my likes to post ratio??.

Brilliant?

• 2 years later...

Time for my semi-regular disappearance off the forum for a while, starting tomorrow. This time to pursue a business venture.

I’m taking 5/6 months away from drinking, partying and non-work-related social media to maximise the (statistically slim) chances of getting it off the ground. It’s a big change of lifestyle, but I’m terrible at saying no to fun things, and I need a change of environment to ensure I can properly get my head down and graft my arse off.

The biggest sacrifice I’m making, however, is not attending any Derby games until Christmas. Those who know me will know following the team home and away is a huge part of my life that I’ll miss terribly. I’m hoping it will be worth the sacrifice though, and I intend to be back in the stands from Christmas onwards as part of a more balanced life.

I thought I’d post about it in here in case anyone notices I’m missing and wonders where I’ve gone (incredibly unlikely, I know). I’m tagging you in this @B4ev6is so you know I’m not ignoring any of your messages!

So to those who, god forbid, may miss me, I bid you a fond farewell and will see you when the snow is falling, Derby are top of the league and England are champions of the world!

Up the Rams,

DFR x

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

8 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Time for my semi-regular disappearance off the forum for a while, starting tomorrow. This time to pursue a business venture.

I’m taking 5/6 months away from drinking, partying and non-work-related social media to maximise the (statistically slim) chances of getting it off the ground. It’s a big change of lifestyle, but I’m terrible at saying no to fun things, and I need a change of environment to ensure I can properly get my head down and graft my arse off.

The biggest sacrifice I’m making, however, is not attending any Derby games until Christmas. Those who know me will know following the team home and away is a huge part of my life that I’ll miss terribly. I’m hoping it will be worth the sacrifice though, and I intend to be back in the stands from Christmas onwards as part of a more balanced life.

I thought I’d post about it in here in case anyone notices I’m missing and wonders where I’ve gone (incredibly unlikely, I know). I’m tagging you in this @B4ev6is so you know I’m not ignoring any of your messages!

So to those who, god forbid, may miss me, I bid you a fond farewell and will see you when the snow is falling, Derby are top of the league and England are champions of the world!

Up the Rams,

DFR x

Ow please dont go mate sigh .

35 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Up the Rams,

DFR x

Hold on, you've just become a mod.  Are you using TUPE following the buyout.  You are the Buchanan of the moderating world.?

41 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Up the Rams,

DFR x

Who is prepared to take on Dark Fruits job on the forum as Chief Onanist? There are a few one here

Good Luck Young Man. 

With missing till Christmas, you will have to be classified as a genuine half fan.

Also should a certain cider company be warned that their profits will be seriously down for the foreseeable future.

But in all seriousness, good luck, hope your plans come to fruition.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Up the Rams,

DFR x

You know what they say, relegation sorts the real fans out from the fake ones.

Glory hunter.

6 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Up the Rams,

DFR x

Well this all sounds very adult and forward-thinking!
I wish you all the best in your business venture.

Perhaps you could allow yourself an occasional post to let us know how you’re getting on?

Short term solution, this @DarkFruitsRam7.

When you get back, feel free to have a chat about work-life balance. If you're going to live to a ripe old age (like me!) you need to be able to pursue work and social interests at the same time!! 

Good luck in your business venture. 

And remember,  "All work and no play...." ?

33 minutes ago, angieram said:

Short term solution, this @DarkFruitsRam7.

When you get back, feel free to have a chat about work-life balance. If you're going to live to a ripe old age (like me!) you need to be able to pursue work and social interests at the same time!! 

Good luck in your business venture. 

And remember,  "All work and no play...." ?

Finding that balance is definitely key to a healthy mind. 

@DarkFruitsRam7 I take the piss, but when I talk about willpower, I am being serious, requesting bans locking you out won’t allow you to become stronger to focus on what you need to to. 

You can give this new business venture everything you have whilst allowing yourself time to unwind.