Best TV Dramas

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2017 at 23:53, PodgeyRam said:

Just finished Stranger Things 2.

Different from the first season but I enjoyed it just as much.

Acting is great and the additions to the cast were brilliant.

Can't wait for the inevitable sequal.

Definitely on par with the first season.  I just hope they leave Will alone now, that kids really had it tough the past couple of years...

On 15/11/2017 at 00:53, PodgeyRam said:

Just finished Stranger Things 2.

Different from the first season but I enjoyed it just as much.

Acting is great and the additions to the cast were brilliant.

Can't wait for the inevitable sequal.

I’ve just started the first season. I’m only on the third episode but l’m enjoying it up to now.

2 was absolute rubbish compared to 1, maybe slightly harsh but it was nowhere near as good. 3 will be even worse. 

Classic example where it should be left and enjoyed as a one off series, but no, popularity will see it milked for every penny.

14 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I’ve just started the first season. I’m only on the third episode but l’m enjoying it up to now.

speaking personally, I only watched this because of recommendations on here, thoroughly enjoyed it.  Gets increasingly better towards the end of each season.  Hope we don't have to wait too long for the next one

On 2/11/2017 at 00:38, PodgeyRam said:

Just finished watching Stranger Things about 6 months too late.

WOW! What a show!

I haven't had a show bore it's way into my mind like this one. Had to force myself to turn off at number four and go to bed. Really liked that it was basically three different genres in one show. It's a phsycological thriller for the Sheriff, a horror for the kids and a romance for the teenagers.

Superb performances by the entire cast, and in particular that little girl who has a way of saying so much with just her eyes. Absolutely spot-on casting.

Loved the soundtrack, as well.

So excited to see there's going to be a second season. The advantage of getting round to watching it so late is that I don't have to wait as long as everyone else will for it.

Thanks for this, based on your recommendation watched it and it was great. S2 also.

• 4 weeks later...

HELL on WHEELS : Amazon Prime. Very well made drama about 19th Century, post civil-war attempts to build a railroad across America. Interspersed with Whores, Indians (Savages), freed black slaves and opposing American soldiers. Colm Meaney, who's never played a bad role, has a decent role in this.

On 17/12/2017 at 14:23, ketteringram said:

I realise it's a bit late to the party, but last night I watched the first episode of the first series of Line of Duty. 

I've not seen any of them, so I've some way to go! 

It's quite brilliant, we've just moved onto series 4 and the standard throughout is superb. 

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if Vikings has been raised previously but I've just finished season 4 (about to start season 5; might keep it going until 6.55am when we are live on TV at Old Trafford) and I'm pleased to say it has me hooked again.

I liked the first season or two but dropped off it as I found it increasingly dull. Always intended to keep watching it at some point but had no sense of urgency.

Until my sister-in-law mentioned how they shake it up in season 4. After almost giving it up with the early episodes of s4 being quite boring and silly (I thought), I'm so glad I persisted. The second half of season 4 is simply extraordinary. What's more, they're building a new lead character who is going to be exceptional I think.

Archived