Best TV Dramas

Just now, Anag Ram said:

Know what you mean.

Watched the last episode at the weekend plus the 30 minute programme involving the cast and team.

Hard to watch but all the more worthy because of that.

our very own @David watched it over the weekend too.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

13 Reasons Why, yeah. Kinda of a weird one, was enjoying watching it, the way they went back and forth in time was seamless. Looking back is a bit weird as nothing good was ever going to come from a suicide story. Tape 6 though was a bit heavy to watch, very rare does a TV show move me but was pretty uncomfortable to watch.

Felt like the ending needed another half hour more, see the conclusion of the court case, a bit of justice to say **** yeah to. 

Hard to say if I would recommend anyone to watch it, storyline was great if you actually put aside what happened to her.

On 24/05/2017 at 18:09, StringerBell said:

speaking of weird, I was reading the reason the little man from the Black Lodge has been replaced by an electric tree with a brain on top. He's said David Lynch basically acted like BOB towards his own daughter and forced her to write the diary of Laura Palmer.

yeah I saw that the other day. They fell out over payment for appearing in the new series and he went on a drunk facebook rant about that. Also tried to claim that Lynch was responsible for the death of the bloke that played Pete Martell/Eraserhead?!

Getting into S3 now that a bit more is happening. I love the way that he has made absolutely no concession to trying to get new viewers! Anyone who saw the adverts and thought "oh I heard Twin Peaks was quite the thing 25 years ago - I'll give that a go" must be completely baffled :lol:

1 hour ago, StivePesley said:

yeah I saw that the other day. They fell out over payment for appearing in the new series and he went on a drunk facebook rant about that. Also tried to claim that Lynch was responsible for the death of the bloke that played Pete Martell/Eraserhead?!

Getting into S3 now that a bit more is happening. I love the way that he has made absolutely no concession to trying to get new viewers! Anyone who saw the adverts and thought "oh I heard Twin Peaks was quite the thing 25 years ago - I'll give that a go" must be completely baffled :lol:

Different plot points are starting to come together a little bit. It's still taking its time though, which I don't mind. I'm sure the Lynch or Frost said you wouldn't need to watch the old series to appreciate this one though. The liars! :lol:

You seen the latest one? We finally get to put a face to a name.

1 minute ago, Gypsy Ram said:

Anyone mention American Gods yet? Bloody awesome watch with Lovejoy in it.

Lovejoy's become a pretty class act since his Lovejoy days, hasn't he?

I was watching him in John Wick the other day. 

8 hours ago, rynny said:

Thought he was great in Game of Thrones.

He was, onlyblasted one episode though. 

I saw home recently in Ray Donovan too. 

I was going when locejoy was around, but I remember my mum watching it. As far as I'm concerned that's the first thing he ever did, as that seems to be what everyone knows him from, dunno if he had a career before then. Then he disappeared for about a decade before showing up again in Deadwood. Now he crops up in all sorts of marquee American dramas.  Makes me curious to know what happened in the intervening years. 

I find it funny when someone makes it big in America. As far as the Americans are concerned they've come from nowhere to take the world by storm, but we still remember James Corden as Gavin's chubby mate, for example, or Grant from Eastenders, or that one from Neighbours, or Lovejoy. 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

He was, onlyblasted one episode though. 

I saw home recently in Ray Donovan too. 

I was going when locejoy was around, but I remember my mum watching it. As far as I'm concerned that's the first thing he ever did, as that seems to be what everyone knows him from, dunno if he had a career before then. Then he disappeared for about a decade before showing up again in Deadwood. Now he crops up in all sorts of marquee American dramas.  Makes me curious to know what happened in the intervening years. 

I find it funny when someone makes it big in America. As far as the Americans are concerned they've come from nowhere to take the world by storm, but we still remember James Corden as Gavin's chubby mate, for example, or Grant from Eastenders, or that one from Neighbours, or Lovejoy. 

The best example of this is Hugh Laurie. They even think he is American :lol:

On 6/16/2017 at 23:52, Mostyn6 said:

am waiting for the finale to be aired before watching the whole lot in a binge. I think it's next week.

I think it aired dude! Also, to keep my mind of DCFC related stuff I started watching the Son with Pierce Brosnan. Damn, it's so good. I highly recommend it. Starts slow, but then it wraps you in. 

Archived