Best TV Dramas

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Really??!!?

I had full-time Dexter habit...and was looking for a withdrawal aid and thought this would be ideal. 

Ten mins in and I turned off in disgust. Laughable dialogue, strange direction and a horrible English accent......I'm prepared to reconsider it... but what I saw was making me cringe.... 

I got halfway through the first episode - not sure I'll bother going back to it - in particular struggled with the French teacher who looks like Catherine Tate and has an accent that Allo Allo would have been embarrassed to employ (even though she is a French actress)....

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Really??!!?

I had full-time Dexter habit...and was looking for a withdrawal aid and thought this would be ideal. 

Ten mins in and I turned off in disgust. Laughable dialogue, strange direction and a horrible English accent......I'm prepared to reconsider it... but what I saw was making me cringe.... 

never seen Dexter, is that guy not English then? I wouldn't know.

7 hours ago, Gaspode said:

I got halfway through the first episode - not sure I'll bother going back to it - in particular struggled with the French teacher who looks like Catherine Tate and has an accent that Allo Allo would have been embarrassed to employ (even though she is a French actress)....

It's bizarre, but the storyline is quite gripping.

3 minutes ago, Moist One said:

never seen Dexter, is that guy not English then? I wouldn't know.

It's bizarre, but the storyline is quite gripping.

Dexter is brilliant. Nearly 100 episodes.  Very definitely American. Give it a whirl.

La Casa De Papel (Money Heist)  on Netflix.  Spanish with English subtitles. The plot is over the top ridiculous, but I must admit I'm really enjoying it so far.  Berlin might be the most enjoyable 'bad guy' character since Gustavo Fring in Breaking Bad.

10 hours ago, Highgate said:

La Casa De Papel (Money Heist)  on Netflix.  Spanish with English subtitles. The plot is over the top ridiculous, but I must admit I'm really enjoying it so far.  Berlin might be the most enjoyable 'bad guy' character since Gustavo Fring in Breaking Bad.

Well worth sticking with. As you say, the plot is over the top ridiculous but passes the time away enjoyably.

Another one worth a watch is Vis a Vis (Locked up in English) which was mentioned on here a while back.

Well, I finally made it through all three series of Under The Dome.

Brilliantly awful in a truly dreadful excruciating Plan Nine From Outer Space way.

37 minutes ago, eddie said:

Well, I finally made it through all three series of Under The Dome.

Brilliantly awful in a truly dreadful excruciating Plan Nine From Outer Space way.

I couldn't stick with it until the end. How did it finish? Same/different to the book?

1 hour ago, StaffsRam said:

I couldn't stick with it until the end. How did it finish? Same/different to the book?

I've never read the book, so I don't know. The memsahib has it - I might get round to it one day.

16 minutes ago, eddie said:

I've never read the book, so I don't know. The memsahib has it - I might get round to it one day.

Just read a synopsis of what happens in the series. What a load of old tripe. Sounds like a confusing mess. The book isn't exactly original, but it's different to what happens in the series, for the better I'd say.

14 hours ago, Moist One said:

watching season 2 of 13 Reasons Why. About 8 episodes in. It's so powerful and emotional.

I finished it last night...my advice would be just watch the 12 episodes and leave the last one..... it is by far the most brutal and upsetting thing I have seen on my TV screen....I’m not sure I will ever get over seeing it....

23 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I finished it last night...my advice would be just watch the 12 episodes and leave the last one..... it is by far the most brutal and upsetting thing I have seen on my TV screen....I’m not sure I will ever get over seeing it....

funny you say that, got to the end of S2 E12 last night before deciding to hit the sack.

Last episode of Season 1 shocked me to the core, it was so painful to watch and I cried a lot, and thought about it for weeks.

29 minutes ago, Moist One said:

funny you say that, got to the end of S2 E12 last night before deciding to hit the sack.

Last episode of Season 1 shocked me to the core, it was so painful to watch and I cried a lot, and thought about it for weeks.

Don’t watch the last one. I was genuinely disturbed by it last night, went to watch Solo straight after it and I swear it ruined that film (although it wasn’t very good) 

if you take no notice of me and do watch it let me know what you think. 

24 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Don’t watch the last one. I was genuinely disturbed by it last night, went to watch Solo straight after it and I swear it ruined that film (although it wasn’t very good) 

if you take no notice of me and do watch it let me know what you think. 

have just read a spoiler. Doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy watching. I prefer to be ignorant if I am honest. I will deliberate on it.

Archived