Best TV Dramas

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hap and Leonard on Amazon prime is just brilliant. Set in late 80s southern texas,  a gay black Vietnam vet and his white lady-killer childhood friend, go about solving crime. So good I ordered the book for season three before waiting another 5 months to watch. And I don't usually read fiction.

Season one is a little slow, but season 2 is just brilliant.

6 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Some of them are for sure - but not all. At least a couple of substandard IMO, but maybe because the good ones are so flippin brilliant. When is the new series?

"substandard" is a bit harsh. There are a couple of "Zlatans" in a world of "Messis and Ronaldos".

7 hours ago, ketteringram said:

New series will be shown soon in the UK. 

Good, I'm trying to find series 3 but it's not on Iplayer or Netflix?!?! 

4 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Good, I'm trying to find series 3 but it's not on Iplayer or Netflix?!?! 

I won’t advertise illegal streaming but if you was to search 2 words that might be relevant, you might find something. Say ‘series’ cos you’re looking for a series and say ‘watch’ cos that’s what you want to do. The words may not be in that order, and they may be put as one word. 

On 05/10/2017 at 18:00, Paul71 said:

Not really a drama, but watched the first two episodes of Star Trek Discovery and really good.

Usually Star Trek series take a while to get going but this was very cinematic.

Will give it more time but after the first two episodes the main character is an unstable psychopath who shouldn't be anywhere near the bridge of a starship. 

And the Federation appear to be Empire building bad guys. Apparently the Clingons represent Trump voters and just like in real life, with a closer examination they're actually the good guys.

Nice special effects though. 

Life in Pieces on Amazon Prime, very funny and very clever. It has Colin Hanks (son of Tom). Each episode is four short stories of a family, grandparent and their 3 kids. Came to watch it as Amazon was advertising season 2 of it, watched 8 episodes of  season 1 so far and found out season 3 comes out soon in the US. Each episode is 20 minutes long so it makes it very easy viewing

Half way through season two of The Expanse on Netflix. 

The acting leaves a bit to be desired at times, but there's some really good world-building in there. The best sci-fi series I've seen in a long time. Plus, it's got Thomas Jane in it, who's always good to watch.

1 hour ago, PodgeyRam said:

Half way through season two of The Expanse on Netflix. 

The acting leaves a bit to be desired at times, but there's some really good world-building in there. The best sci-fi series I've seen in a long time. Plus, it's got Thomas Jane in it, who's always good to watch.

I agree. At first I struggled a bit & you could tell it was a syfy channel production. But second season has really got going. Really good show. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2017 at 22:27, StringerBell said:

Will give it more time but after the first two episodes the main character is an unstable psychopath who shouldn't be anywhere near the bridge of a starship. 

And the Federation appear to be Empire building bad guys. Apparently the Clingons represent Trump voters and just like in real life, with a closer examination they're actually the good guys.

Nice special effects though. 

I struggled through the first episode and managed about 10 minutes of the 2nd - what a heap of manure. It comes to something where the best actor in the whole thing is the bloke with the prosthetic head....and as for the lead woman - "I...am...reading...my...lines...really...slowly...without..any..hint...of...emotion" - urghh....

On 10/20/2017 at 21:06, StringerBell said:

Just watching first episode of new Mr Robot. Always liked the anti-corporate stuff but now a stupid diatribe about how bad capitalism is? Well f*** off to Venezuela then Esmail. 

The first season was really good, even though you could see one of the twists from Saturn.  But the second started getting really indulgent and didn't really go anywhere, veeeery sloooowly.  So I gave up on it...

4 hours ago, Gaspode said:

I struggled through the first episode and managed about 10 minutes of the 2nd - what a heap of manure. It comes to something where the best actor in the whole thing is the bloke with the prosthetic head....and as for the lead woman - "I...am...reading...my...lines...really...slowly...without..any..hint...of...emotion" - urghh....

Episodes 1 & 2 are by far the least interesting so far, things have really improved, and the last I watched (ep 6) was a classic Star Trek episode.  

Still don't like the theme tune though...

Archived