What Are You Listening To?

AndyB

On 22/04/2023 at 11:56, Kinder said:

Carter USM - 30 Something picture disc

Never really my thing (I was too late tbh) as a group but do you listen to the Jim Bob solo stuff?

Always liked that and saw Fruitbat's Abdoujaparov in Derby once. New JB/JM album on the immediate release schedule. 

And of course there's the Fruitbat involvement with Ferocious Dog (not really managed to get into)

Edited by Kokosnuss

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

Never really my thing (I was too late tbh) as a group but do you listen to the Jim Bob solo stuff?

Always liked that and saw Fruitbat's Abdoujaparov in Derby once. New JB/JM album on the immediate release schedule. 

And of course there's the Fruitbat involvement with Ferocious Dog (not really managed to get into)

I was a massive Carter fan in my teens but got into other stuff (house music), so Jim Bob’s solo stuff passed me by.  I got tickets to see him a few years ago though and listened to a lot of it then. Loads of good stuff, especially Mrs MacMurphy!  He’s a great song writer and lyricist. I tried a bit of Fruitbat’s music but couldn’t get into it.

Yes to Carter. Seen them oh so many times, from their beginning to the end and their final ever gig.

Meanwhile, I've been playing this from Paloma as my starter song to see where the AI/algorithms go afterwards.

I love this version as some of my friends were making the Brits that year, so I was invited along. Brilliant theatre and technical achievement. Only Love Can Hurt Like This!

i don't understand why contemplating the enormity of the universe makes many feel insignificant, when being part of something so monumentally grand is not a small thing at all.  Do the cells in our bodies feel insignificant?

On 16/04/2023 at 00:05, ramit said:

Been searching for new speakers, the object being a big oomph in a small package, read studio monitors.  Found a Genelec that i do like, a bit pricey but doable, but then i made the mistake of continuing my search and discovered a pair so awesome that i am hopelessly in love and the Genelec now sounds meh in comparison.  i am not a music engineer, or a musician, but i adore excellent sound.  Can´t afford them, but that doesn't stop me dreaming. 

Will have to go to the music shop again, just to get another fix of orgasmic purity.  i will ask them to play this for me on Monday just before closing time, so we can crank em up just a tad.

What am i doing to myself?

https://www.focal.com/en/pro-audio/monitoring-speakers/sm6/monitoring-speakers/trio6-be

The biggest selling 12 inch of all time and they lost money by under pricing the packaging cost.  Couldn't make it up

19 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Best of the old school Fantazia albums for me.  Got this in about 95 when Derby had the best house music scene in the UK.  Good days. 

Absolute classics.  I’ve still got the first two volumes on vinyl. The sleeves are battered and there are a few scratches, but they’ve had some serious use.

My missus still gets me to put Rock Da House on whenever we’re having a late night rave.