Ebou'ts It Wide

SK47

7 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Not even in the top hundred open goal misses. In this video, there are some of them, and quite a few are from the players of the highest standard.

I was also going to say this…yes it was a bad miss but there are hundreds worse.

That Harry Maguire one where he’s a yard out for example!

Worst miss I’ve seen live from a Derby player…….wasn’t this one.

Wanchope - Last home game of the season against Cov, going to say 98/99, we might have even had an outside chance of European football, last attack to win it open goal from 2 yards out complete air shot then he gets in the way of Carbonari following up. 

Edited by BramcoteRam84

3 hours ago, HeyHudson said:

97th minute of the game - just look at the speed he came out of defence 😮 - it was like Forrest Gump! No wonder he didn't have the strength at the end to get it on target.

The guy is amazing. I think people should talk less about "miss of the season" and just look at what he did to get there in the first place.

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Not even in the top hundred open goal misses. In this video, there are some of them, and quite a few are from the players of the highest standard.

I'd say Adams' chance was easier than 90 of those. An extraordinary miss. Brilliant to make the chance, but not taking it will haunt him for a long time. 

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'd say Adams' chance was easier than 90 of those. An extraordinary miss. Brilliant to make the chance, but not taking it will haunt him for a long time. 

It really won't. His error had literally, zero material effect on the game, or the result, unlike the all-action 90 minutes he put in prior to it. Pretty sure he'll be sleeping easy enough tonight and so he should be.

During the game I was following the ball and just thought how brave his header was,  then the replays showed his clumsy left foot weird 'flick'. 

However, rewatching this morning nursing a celebratory hangover....I can't quite fathom the energy and pace he shows to get there in the first place.  Its unbelievably determined,  fast, strong....in the 97th minute???

We won anyway,  he's a legend already and he made that goal 100% himself out of absolutely nothing.

11 hours ago, HeyHudson said:

The more I watch this back, the less funny it gets... I really feel for the guy.  Would certainly be gutted for him if it had mattered!

What a show of strength, determination, and pure selfless endeavour to have even put himself in that position.

As I was absent due to driving back from EuroTunnel, I sincerely hope (and trust) he had his own personal standing ovation after that.

What. A. Guy.

🤍🐏

8 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Worst miss I’ve seen live from a Derby player…….wasn’t this one.

Wanchope - Last home game of the season against Cov, going to say 98/99, we might have even had an outside chance of European football, last attack to win it open goal from 2 yards out complete air shot then he gets in the way of Carbonari following up. 

I was thinking exactly the same miss. If my memory serves me correctly he was just off the goal line, he swung his foot and somehow the ball went between his legs. If he hadn't even swung his foot and let it bounce off his shin it would have been a goal. 

46 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

The more I watch this back, the less funny it gets... I really feel for the guy.  Would certainly be gutted for him if it had mattered!

What a show of strength, determination, and pure selfless endeavour to have even put himself in that position.

As I was absent due to driving back from EuroTunnel, I sincerely hope (and trust) he had his own personal standing ovation after that.

What. A. Guy.

🤍🐏

He did have an ovation as he walked round at the end. It felt like a genuine outpouring of love and respect. I don’t want to get too cheesy but he seemed moved by it as he passed where I was standing.  

I can’t remember a Derby player who has made such a connection with the fans so deeply and so rapidly. 

16 hours ago, Rev said:

This is spot on. 

He'd sprinted from penalty spot to penalty spot, winning a 50/50 header on the way, through sheer bloody mindedness in the 97th minute when he was clearly knackered well before. 

I look at it as a great piece of pressure release play, rather than the worse miss I've ever seen.

He was clearly doing the sensible thing and aiming for the corner flag. It’s a bit of a disgrace that it was nearly a goal. He missed the corner flag by miles. 

this was not the big howler in the game 

Cashins back pass that  beat Jacob and narrowly missed the net for an OG, that was a howler and could potentially have been a game changer.

Ebou should have scored but didnt meh! not a biggie

PS

I will allow Cash made a superb sliding block to stop their CF shot👍

It's nowhere near the top of the list of open goal misses if there is such a thing.

Remember watching the game on TV West Brom vs Boro

Kanu is literally standing 2 yards out from an open goal.

And contrives to kick it over the bar

The ball wasn't even travelling that quickly 

I've never seen Bryan Robson so angry 

may-19-kanu-miss-2004.jpg

Edited by Tyler Durden