Rams v Cardiff betting

Malagaram

Been looking for a good betting opportunity and here it is.

Cardiff,24th or bottom of the championship,goals 1 fore 10 against,1 pt.Derby 10th on 6 pts.

Best priceI can find is 11/8 The Rams to win,not even looked at prices for a draw or away win.

Surely this is a golden opportunity.COYR.

Fill your boots

Edited by Duracell

10 hours ago, harwich ram said:

How many times have we played a team who aint scored or aint won and they go beat us or get their first goal 

Indeed. No game in this league is going to be easy. They will be desperate to get their first win. If we’re not on it, we’re in trouble. Their defence won’t be as accommodating as Bristol City’s. 

11 hours ago, harwich ram said:

How many times have we played a team who aint scored or aint won and they go beat us or get their first goal 

Blackburn this season for one. 😀

Seriously though, it’s way too early in the season to be thinking “typical Derby to lose against such and such who hadn’t won until they played us”.

I don't think there's too many easy games at this level for us right now and I don't think this would necessarily be one anyway, but I confess, I do think we have a decent chance of beating Cardiff. It's not a case of whether we should or not, I just think they're still undercooked and we're at home where our form is a tad decent and with a team that looks like it's coming together. Of course we all know that colateral form counts for little in football, but it's hard not to be hopeful and I'd fancy us to win by the odd goal and take increased momentum and confidence forward into the 3 seemingly tougher games to follow.

Seems to me that the challenge for both manager and players now, is to show that what we saw against Bristol was more than just a flash in the pan, to be rarely repeated. Consistency of performance will be key in driving us up and away from the drop slots and perhaps onto more satisfying pursuits, so the lads must now back up the improvement shown. I honestly don't think the squad is as weak as some would have us believe, so I'm hopeful that with a relatively injury free group and some new recruits who could add further quality, we should be acquitting ourselves well, as often as not.

I hope the game against Bristol will give them the confidence to play the game on the front foot. The midfield don’t have to cower just in front of the back four. We have pace up front and we need to get the ball to them on the floor before the defence gets set. It was lovely to see the team playing first time passes which set the attack far more effectively.

39 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

I don't think there's too many easy games at this level for us right now and I don't think this would necessarily be one anyway, but I confess, I do think we have a decent chance of beating Cardiff. It's not a case of whether we should or not, I just think they're still undercooked and we're at home where our form is a tad decent and with a team that looks like it's coming together. Of course we all know that colateral form counts for little in football, but it's hard not to be hopeful and I'd fancy us to win by the odd goal and take increased momentum and confidence forward into the 3 seemingly tougher games to follow.

Seems to me that the challenge for both manager and players now, is to show that what we saw against Bristol was more than just a flash in the pan, to be rarely repeated. Consistency of performance will be key in driving us up and away from the drop slots and perhaps onto more satisfying pursuits, so the lads must now back up the improvement shown. I honestly don't think the squad is as weak as some would have us believe, so I'm hopeful that with a relatively injury free group and some new recruits who could add further quality, we should be acquitting ourselves well, as often as not.

Had a nosey on a Cardiff forum, they aren’t happy. I am convinced we have enough to win this but still have that nagging dread that a game where confidence is high, against an unsettled team will see us turn in one of those early season hangover performances. As you say it’s consistency .. can we achieve it ? It’s Warne’s biggest challenge

On 05/09/2024 at 12:57, Malagaram said:

Been looking for a good betting opportunity and here it is.

Cardiff,24th or bottom of the championship,goals 1 fore 10 against,1 pt.Derby 10th on 6 pts.

Best priceI can find is 11/8 The Rams to win,not even looked at prices for a draw or away win.

Surely this is a golden opportunity.COYR.

Fill your boots

The words ‘egg’ and ‘face’ come to mind. We have played really well in one game, not so great the other 3. I wouldn’t start getting cocky quite yet 😊

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

The words ‘egg’ and ‘face’ come to mind. We have played really well in one game, not so great the other 3. I wouldn’t start getting cocky quite yet 😊

Undone in a 15 minute spell at Blackburn where they hit us, thrice, on the counter, otherwise not a bad performance. Very well organised defending against Boro and restricted them to long range efforts aside from the header for their disallowed goal. Played well enough to earn a draw at Watford but lost 2-1. Not cocky. Just not as "dispirited" as some appear to be.

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Come on, mods! It will be on your head if we lose this game because you're allowing a matchday thread to develop by default, started by a different poster after a win.

@Day you just can't get the staff anymore! 😂 Owt to do with the "b" word? 🫣

Boycie hasn’t done owt since 2009, wouldn’t expect him to start anytime soon!

I will take this one on both chins as I move it from football forum into here, not to serve as a match thread, but yeah, should have seen this one coming.

Not the same without you on the team 😭

20 minutes ago, Day said:

Boycie hasn’t done owt since 2009, wouldn’t expect him to start anytime soon!

@Boycie has let CodeZero in.

21 minutes ago, Day said:

Not the same without you on the team 😭

Agreed!

42 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Undone in a 15 minute spell at Blackburn where they hit us, thrice, on the counter, otherwise not a bad performance. Very well organised defending against Boro and restricted them to long range efforts aside from the header for their disallowed goal. Played well enough to earn a draw at Watford but lost 2-1. Not cocky. Just not as "dispirited" as some appear to be.

Boro was certainly smash and grab….just realistic, rather than over confident as some appear to be….

44 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Sorry, forgot to add that we were fortunate to go in at Blackburn just the goal behind, very poor first half. Decent 20 mins at the start of the second half and then could have conceded more than the 3 we did. All about opinions Mad 😊