Bristol City (H) - Match Thread

14 minutes ago, AndyB said:

The thing about Knight and Bird is they’re good but they both have their weaknesses. Neither actually scores enough goals, Knight has energy but can lack quality and Bird has quality but can get manoeuvred off the ball. Nothing particularly to fear other than the “against old club” adage.

True. Adams should take care of Bird . Don’t water the centre of the pitch also, don’t want to see any slick passing from them. 

18 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

If you want to stay close to the ground, The Brunswick is a good shout if you like real ale, or else the Royal Standard has just been refurb'd and likewise will do a good variety - not sure on opening times, mind, and probably best to avoid wearing colours.

Safe travels!

Brunny is officially a home fans only venue

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

True. Adams should take care of Bird . Don’t water the centre of the pitch also, don’t want to see any slick passing from them. 

Adams will have to be very careful today. Bird will have told his teammates how reckless he can be in the tackle and they will play on it.

We can’t afford to go down to ten.

I'm hoping to see us try to play a bit more today than last couple of games, everyone keeps bsnging on about lack of press and possession stats being low against Boro and Watford, but I do wonder if it was a bit of a hangover from the Blackburn game.

We had more possession but got cut open when they turned the ball over, so I think giving up possession and territory has been part of the plan until we find our feet a bit.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Zetterström

Nyambe   Nelson   Cashin   Elder

Ozoh

Goudmijn      Adams

Jackson   Yates   Mendez-Laing

Bench covers every position as it should with 9 subs.

Wilson, Phillips, Osborn, Harness and Blackett-Taylor missing - it'll be difficult predicting matchday squads soon

I hope it’s not 4-3-3, but instead a 4-2-3-1 with Adams and Ozoh both in the holding roles and Kenzo in the 10.

The former isn’t working imo and just invites way too much pressure.