Vs Middlesbrough (H) Match Thread

DCFC1388

47 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere (haven’t been through the whole thread) - but where is the match available tomorrow to watch (assuming it is)… not for me as I will be there but for my old Dad (who has got Sky but I can’t see the game listed).  Ta - and sorry if this is a stupid or repetitive question.

If he selects channel 403 (sky sports football) and presses the red button, it’ll be on there.

Chaddo parkers beware - there is an absolute ton of roadworks on Nottingham Road in Chaddesden, past all the shops, all the way through to Meadow Lane, which looks restricted. Traffic will be chaotic, so its best looking elsewhere. You can still access the Albert Road Estate from the top end, but as the only way in and out it will be a huge bottleneck. Allow loads of extra journey time as this will have all sorts of knock-on effects.

2 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

I know someone who always has one, but whether he’s got the balls to actually come to Pride Park I don’t know.

I think you should suggest he also superglues a dildo to his forehead so there’s no confusion whatsoever who the dig is aimed at.

49 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Do we reckon Zetterstrom will start tomorrow? Must be 50/50 feel like he might.

Tricky one. Doesn’t know his team mates, hasn’t trained or worked with them. Then there’s Warne’s other problem. Man management with Josh .?  I don’t fancy those conversations over the next 2/3 games. Not easy for any of the participants including Stroom 

Edited by jono

42 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I think you should suggest he also superglues a dildo to his forehead so there’s no confusion whatsoever who the dig is aimed at.

I am sorry, I wasn't privvy to that information!

7 minutes ago, jono said:

Tricky one. Doesn’t know his team mates, hasn’t trained or worked with them. Then there’s Warne’s other problem. Man management with Josh .?  I don’t fancy those conversations over the next 2/3 games. Not easy for any of the participants including Stroom 

Is that Mart's Dutch cousin?

4 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Is that Mart's Dutch cousin?

Heh heh. It just seems like shoe in to me. “POOOOOM” was such a great salute after a good save or what not. “STROOOM” seemed to fit but hey what do I know as a fuddy duddy east stand half fan. The great thing about fans and crowds is you can guess with all the logic and history in the world but sometimes it’s just an organic thing that just happens out of nowhere. 

“The winner takes it all”

I don’t want to talk about what they done to us

The winners Zetterströoooom 

The losers Gibson oooooon 

No more ace to play 

it’s now long past wine O’clock so treat me gently 🐏🐏🐏🐏🐏🐏

7 hours ago, Bwash_Ram said:

Lets have some of this tomorrow.

Now if we could learn this, I’d say we would pick up at least a GCSE in Swedish….. do they have GCSE Swedish? 
That’s fantastic. Already endearing himself to Rams and he’s not saved a shot in anger. 

10 hours ago, Thierry Ennui said:

He played Tuesday. First touch wasn't up to it among other things, although he did get in some decent positions. I would say he definitely needs a loan to League 1, though.

I seem to remember he didn’t click straight away at Gateshead, but once he got into the starting XI he gained confidence and scored important goals for them. All types of goals too. Breaking through defences (with good first touches), headers from whipped crosses, taking on the last man etc.

Give the kid a chance against Champ opposition I say. If he’s trained well enough, as Warne alluded to in his interview earlier this week, then let him cook.

I think Zetterstrom might start (if international clearance allows). Most of keeper training is just with other keepers/gk coach. He seems like a bright lad, and should be able to take instructions on over the course of one day to have a good idea of how Warne wants him to play in possession. 

As for the conversations with Vickers - it’s professional football. A simple “he’s starting because we think he’s better” will do. 

Get the keeper playing I say. Just tell him to keep the shots out and tell him not to take any silly risks with the ball at his feet. Hope we sit  a bit deeper and more compact today and don't make any silly errors. If Middlesbrough win, and I think they probably will, let's make them earn it the hard way.