Vs Middlesbrough (H) Match Thread

DCFC1388

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

This is what I expected us to do at Blackburn. We did the opposite and left ourselves naively open. 

So, do I want a boring 0-0 or set-piece 1-0 and backs-to-the-wall performance on Saturday or an entertaining but depressing 2-4 again? 

Set-piece 1-0 will do me and I won’t care if everyone around me in the South Stand sings - “Your football is S—te “. 

Just now, jimtastic56 said:

Set-piece 1-0 will do me and I won’t care if everyone around me in the South Stand sings - “Your football is S—te “. 

Yes, I learned to like the results-first football last season, it was a means to an end.

We're not going to turn into Liverpool overnight, just because we've been promoted.

But the bloke who sits next to me at PP last season moaned at every game, and didn't even stay behind for the promotion party. I think I need to develop a thicker skin or move seats (again!)

57 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes, I learned to like the results-first football last season, it was a means to an end.

We're not going to turn into Liverpool overnight, just because we've been promoted.

But the bloke who sits next to me at PP last season moaned at every game, and didn't even stay behind for the promotion party. I think I need to develop a thicker skin or move seats (again!)

Tell Brian to get over it😂

( oh you mean the other side )

Edited by Foreveram

1 hour ago, angieram said:

This is what I expected us to do at Blackburn. We did the opposite and left ourselves naively open. 

So, do I want a boring 0-0 or set-piece 1-0 and backs-to-the-wall performance on Saturday or an entertaining but depressing 2-4 again? 

It's how I expect(ed) us to approach the majority of games this season, solid back 5 and hit teams on the counter attack with the pace of the likes of NML, Jackson, Yates, CBT

4 hours ago, angieram said:

Instead we just went nuclear and decided not to leave anyone back to defend 😂

On 14/08/2024 at 16:04, Sweetness34 said:

I think we'll lose this one. Not because I'm a doom and gloomer, but because I just think we need a few more weeks to find our feet.

Granted, we should have found them during pre-season to be honest but I'm willing to go with it for now

Some of our build-up play in isolation looks decent. If the lads aren't too downbeat after a few losses, I think we'll be alright.

Keep the faith, I'm expecting 0 points after first 3 games but a slight improvement in each game. 

Then, beat Bristol and Cardiff and get a decent draw at Sheff United and have 7 points from opening 6. And I'd take it as a newly promoted team.

Then kick on from there.

I hope I'm wrong and we start picking up points sooner, obviously 

I can’t go to my first home league game without at least some hope. Yet I agree, in general, we won’t be quick out of the blocks. I’m expecting a tricky/ torrid first 6/7 games with a lot of pressure on PW when the results aren’t what we hope for. I have a good feeling for the season as a whole though. It will come together, we just need to be patient and stick with the lads regardless. (I think that’s what supporters should strive to do but don’t always achieve 🤪)

Why does Michael Carrick think Middlesbrough is “obviously a big game for us”. ? Apart from it being a marker in where we are against an established championship team it is not a “big game”. (In my opinion )

4 hours ago, WystonRam said:

Why does Michael Carrick think Middlesbrough is “obviously a big game for us”. ? Apart from it being a marker in where we are against an established championship team it is not a “big game”. (In my opinion )

I know what you mean, feels a bit condescending. Although it's our first home game back in the championship, should be a good crowd so I see it as somewhat of an occasion. More to do with that less about the team we're playing.

Going to be hard. Middlesbrough are full of confidence after Leeds game.Their bench will be so much stronger than ours. We need to start on the front foot straightaway. Depends on how Warne sets us up. I am expecting a loss even though I am overall optimistic about the season. A draw would be a bonus to build on. We need to sign 3 to 4 more players before window shuts. Still I am going and shouting my lungs out no matter what. Let's get behind the lads as B4 will be looking down on us! UTR!

19 hours ago, angieram said:

But the bloke who sits next to me at PP last season moaned at every game, and didn't even stay behind for the promotion party.

Pound to a penny the b457*rd was heading for the pitch! 

👀  😉

13 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

Is anybody turning up wearing a curly wig? 

This sounds a great idea.  There's little better in life than some kooky headwear on a matchday.

Why not rally the troops, get word out, and when it comes big, stand back and tell everyone "That's down to me, that"!

#I'm in
#curlywig saturday
#it's gonna be big
#etc