CBT ??!!

8 hours ago, Vyrdasm said:

Complete waste, lots of Charlton fans warned us when he joined saying he had a purple patch with them and he wouldn't be missed. Needs to step up quick.imo

Not true actually. I read both of the main Charlton forums and while they said his defensive work was lacking, they worried that they wouldn't be able to replace his creativity and his goals. "Wouldn't be missed" type comments were restricted to a very small number of posters.

Thanks for coming BTW.

Edited by Crewton

55 minutes ago, YouRams said:

He cost 300k yes at a time money was an issue but in the grand scheme of things now pennies, if he performs great if he doesn't no biggie.

He could easily come good , but has Clowes lost confidence in Warne’s judgement ? Knight and Bird fees plus all the sell- on wads , have not been invested in new players . YET . 

10 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

He could easily come good , but has Clowes lost confidence in Warne’s judgement ? Knight and Bird fees plus all the sell- on wads , have not been invested in new players . YET . 

1. The Knight and Bird money would have been used up last season.

2. It's been made clear that any sell-on fees received won't be spent all at once.

3. We've paid fees for Ebou, Goodmijn and are about to for a new keeper, and probably loan fees for Yates and Ozoh.

Injury troubles last season didn't help him and apart from the Pompey game and one sub appearance, he didn't play well.

Said pre Barnsley match on RamsTV he was feeling fit. Comes on, on the hour mark, on the right as a previous poster said. However, his previous pre season appearances were down the left so that previous poster got it wrong. Those appearances weren't brilliant. IMO, he wasn't aided by them being on narrow pitches which don't afford him the space he requires to "do his thing". I hope he's soon over whatever niggle/injury he picked up last night and that he starts replicating the form he showed against Pompey, a game in which he showed much more the "one good cross".

There's a player in there. Can we get that player to emerge? I hope so.

When you look at our wide players Barks is often the one that some say will be going , but he is much more productive and a better all round player than CBT 

I think a move away to a L1 club like Brum would suit all parties as just can't see anything to get excited about 

The thing that get's me is why we signed him in the first place as I get the vibe Warne would preferably play 3-5-2. Unless we consistently start playing something like 3-4-3 / 4-3-3 etc, he's not going to get a regular run in the team to build confidence / form.

So at the moment it's hard to fairly judge him, but I also question the logic of buying him (and the same would go for someone like Dembele if that comes to pass) unless we regularly play 3 up top. If we do play that way and play him on the left wing, as others have mentioned, then let's judge him after a decent run in the team.

6 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

His current trajectory is more Abdoul Camara.

I think I said something similar before we signed him. His YouTube reels were so similar to Camara I really wanted the deal to fall through. So sad it seems to be panning out this way.

13 hours ago, Vyrdasm said:

I might add, Warne and the recruitment team also need to take responsibility for this.

7 hours ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

thats my worry re. monies spent by Pw on tranfers. his record so far is sketchy a best

Not sure we can pin this on the recruitment team. If they arrived in November they likely were not involved, or only marginally. CBT would have been scouted well before.

PW transfers have indeed been poor. As shown by almost all our best players last season being signed by previous managers.

My view is that this new recruitment team are here to fix that scouting weakness. This Summer we will see what they are made of. 

Meanwhile the likes of CBT and Fornah are probably a write off.

Surely you can understand that it has been a stop start beginning to his career at derby and the fact that he's being played out of position with no consistent run in the team is definitely not helping things. There is a quality attacker in that man, we just haven't see it properly yet because for some reason he's been drafted in for wing back. 

38 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Surely you can understand that it has been a stop start beginning to his career at derby and the fact that he's being played out of position with no consistent run in the team is definitely not helping things. There is a quality attacker in that man, we just haven't see it properly yet because for some reason he's been drafted in for wing back. 

He's the new Sibley, was going to be Tommo for a while. 😄

50 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's the new Sibley, was going to be Tommo for a while. 😄

That would involve actually trying and improving if asked to play in an unfamiliar role, as opposed to flicking a foot at the ball every once in a while if it comes within a few feet of the touchline.  Unless an opposition player looks likely to get there first, then it's not worth the effort. 

1 hour ago, jimbobram said:

I dont think playing out of a prefered position accounts for lack of basic skills shown so far. He did well against Portsmouth but in all honesty he needs to buck up. 

24 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Get shot he is useless !!

Really? Wow, you’ve kept that opinion close to your chest. I for one am shocked that you don’t think he’s very good and we should get shot. Perhaps you should post the same opinion multiple times on different threads so that the message can be spread a bit wider. People need to know your considered opinion more widely.

4-2-3-1 on the left - I think he could be useful and I want him to do well.

Any other formation I don't think he is that good, in fact, I think he is useless - despite the fact Portsmouth away was 4-4-2 in my eyes which ironically was his best game.

My only concern - he's probably on 8-10k a week. Flomsie would have negotiated a good deal lol.