Paris Olympics

1of4

5 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

I think they should save themselves a couple of sports slots (that could be used for Cricket, or Baseball perhaps) by combining Dressage, Skateboarding and Breakdancing. Breakdancing horses on skateboards seems like the logical evolution of all three of those "sports"...

Trialled in London apparently. They'll still trying to catch the fecker...

image.thumb.png.5c73c323e80f3707c51e828172539f18.png

5 minutes ago, davenportram said:

All the BBC commentators could say was “it’s his own fault” surely Cram could see the French guy barged into him after Mills had gone slightly in front 

The commentators, particularly Cram, have a right crab up their (collective) ass about George Mills because of how late he leaves his surge for the line. In this instance the view seems to be that if he'd moved up sooner then he wouldn't have been caught up in a scuffle between a group of "also rans". That's fair enough, but Mills WAS there, and the French fella clearly DID shove people around and caused the incident. How the f*** he wasn't disqualified.....well, suffice to say if it had been anywhere but a home Olympics then he surely would have been.

47 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Wait... WHAT?

Run that by me again... You watched What?  At the Olympics?  Has the world gone stark raving mad?  (Don't answer that!) 

Dear oh dear!  🙄

Wait till the Break Dancing contests start.

57 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Wait... WHAT?

Run that by me again... You watched What?  At the Olympics?  Has the world gone stark raving mad?  (Don't answer that!) 

Dear oh dear!  🙄

Crazy stuff alright. The kids are taking over youth. It's high time we started a petition for the inclusion of more sports suitable for us owd 'uns, like Cribbage, Whist and Dwile Flonking. 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Crazy stuff alright. The kids are taking over youth. It's high time we started a petition for the inclusion of more sports suitable for us owd 'uns, like Cribbage, Whist and Dwile Flonking. 

I can't deny, I did have to Google that last one.

It's far more worthy than bloody skateboarding!  🤣

5 hours ago, Srg said:

It is right up there. It not "walking" by anyone average person's metric, either. I think dressage takes the biscuit though. Horses prancing around to pop music and scored by a judge? Nah.

When does the "loudest whispering" event start? 

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I can't deny, I did have to Google that last one.

It's far more worthy than bloody skateboarding!  🤣

TBF, I've never tried it, but it's just gone on my bucket list. Beer-soaked rag sounds like a Tom Waits song.

6 hours ago, Crewton said:

If the Winter Olympics can have curling, then the summer olympics can have crown green bowling. Wouldn’t it be as amazing to see an 80 year tick ‘winning an olympic gold medal’ off his bucket list?

9 hours ago, Crewton said:

Paul Merton has got it right. Forget synchronised diving, the Olympics need to focus on useful skills. He suggested 100m carrying 5 Sainsbury’s bags and running after a bus wearing sensible shoes and holding an umbrella 

Edited by kevinhectoring

On 07/08/2024 at 11:59, davenportram said:

All the BBC commentators could say was “it’s his own fault” surely Cram could see the French guy barged into him after Mills had gone slightly in front 

I'm fortunate to have Discovery plus and can watch anything anytime. What is really refreshing is the quality of the commentary and the lack of the BBC "old boy/girl/?" from decades past, pundits!

Cindy Ngamba the latest of a long line of British trained fighters to be absolutely robbed by the so-called Olympic judges. We've seen this before at Olympic boxing events but typically only to favour home nations, but this is surely the worst ever group of judges to be assembled for any major tournament. Corrupt or inept, it's hard to tell, but I think it's only right now that boxing ceases to be an Olympic sport what with the IBA doing their utmost to undermine the sport and the scoring lacking any consistency or credibility. 

8 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Katrina Johnson-Thompson having an absolute mountain to climb in the 800m to claim the gold after her nearest challenger overtook her total by >100 points with a 9m longer javelin throw. 🫣

No shame in trailing the greatest heptathlete to ever grace the Olympic stage. Kat is @5 or 6 seconds quicker than Thiam over 800m based on PBs, but the points gap equates to around 8.5 seconds so yes, it is going to be pretty tough to bring it home.