David Ozoh - Signed on season long loan

Nuwtfly

41 minutes ago, FKANorwichExile said:

I think there's a roughly 0% chance that we don't start the season with a back three, especially with how well we ended last season.

JWZ

Nelson Bradley Cashin

Ward Adams Kenzo Ozoh Osbourne

NML Yates

NML to be a bit deeper, and one of the 3 CM's to push up and get in and around the box would be my guess.I fully expect Goudmijn to be a rotation at the start of the season, swapping in and out with CBT when we want a bit more width and pace, too.

Either way, I'm excited. I'd like a superstar striker to bag us loads of goals but who wouldn't?

Nelson in the middle and Nyambe in for Bradley. Best bet. 👍 🐏 

Ebou will probably end up being away for Afcon? Then not long after be fasting? So he will definitely be playing in his absence and to relieve the fatigue during his fasting period. 

Also if we play a variation of 3421 Ebou and Ozoh can sit with Kenzo play another in the 2 number 10 positions. 

Kenzo, Ozoh and Osbourn can also play in the 8 position. Gives us options no matter what formation and opposition 

1 hour ago, Macintosh said:

One of the worst times for me was when Clement arrived and wanted two players for every position, never mind him boasting he had an array of formations we could play. I hated his time here and the club never recovered from that season. There was no room for Chris Baird, Jake Buxton, Andreas Weimann, Abdoul Camara, Johnny Russell, Nick Blackman or Alex Pearce. We had three left-backs in Warnock, Olsson and Forsyth, way too many midfielders in Hendrick, Thorne, Bryson, Hanson, Hughes, Dawkins, Johnson and Butterfield. Darren Bent playing second fiddle to Chris Martin on twice his wage. Too many cooks, never a team.

I see no point searching for another centre-forward when we have persuaded James Collins to re-sign and Jerry Yates to come here, as well as having Washington and Brown. Signing four new midfielders to add to Thompson and Fornah surely is enough? Six wingers in Wilson, Barkhuizen, Ward, Mendez-Laing, Blackett-Taylor and Jackson. And Elder surely has a full season in him? I think David and Zetterstrom should be it. It's only six months to the January window if reinforcements are needed and some promising players in the u21as. Dembele would be the only other I'd continue pursuing.

In terms of numbers we are still 4 short of last seasons squad. You could say Zetterstrom replaces Wildsmith but thats still 3 short plus we need a bigger squad as we can name 9 subs. So bringing in another 6 or 7 including Zetterstrom sounds about right.

58 minutes ago, FKANorwichExile said:

I think there's a roughly 0% chance that we don't start the season with a back three, especially with how well we ended last season.

JWZ

Nelson Bradley Cashin

Ward Adams Kenzo Ozoh Osbourne

NML Yates

NML to be a bit deeper, and one of the 3 CM's to push up and get in and around the box would be my guess.I fully expect Goudmijn to be a rotation at the start of the season, swapping in and out with CBT when we want a bit more width and pace, too.

Either way, I'm excited. I'd like a superstar striker to bag us loads of goals but who wouldn't?

Interesting as I would say that with Nyambe and Osborn as proper defensive fullbacks we could get away with a 4-2-3-1

JWZ

Nyambe         Nelson Cashin     Osborn

Adams       Ozoh

NML             Kenzo        Jackson

Yates

26 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Ebou will probably end up being away for Afcon? Then not long after be fasting? So he will definitely be playing in his absence and to relieve the fatigue during his fasting period. 

Afcon 2023 ended in Feb this year, but Afcon 2025 isn't until December next year, into Jan 2026.
So we can forget about that problem....for a bit. Ryan Nyambe may well be absent too, if Namibia qualify.

Ramadan is end Feb-end of March 2025.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Interesting as I would say that with Nyambe and Osborn as proper defensive fullbacks we could get away with a 4-2-3-1

JWZ

Nyambe         Nelson Cashin     Osborn

Adams       Ozoh

NML             Kenzo        Jackson

Yates

Not for the first 3 games ,sadly,as Yates serves a 3 match ban

4 hours ago, CapeTownRams said:

I see him as Bird replacement- albeit one a bit physically stronger. Hope that works out.

Interesting to see if PW ever plays him and Ebou together…

I see Ohzo Adams and Kenzo with Osborn as LWB and Tomo the versatile cover for all of them. 

5 hours ago, Scott129 said:

JWZ

Nyambe Nelson Cashin Elder/New

Adams Ozoh

NML Kenzo CBT/New

Yates/New

I like it a lot.

It’s what I’d like to see. I don’t see Warne doing it.

10 hours ago, Macintosh said:

One of the worst times for me was when Clement arrived and wanted two players for every position, never mind him boasting he had an array of formations we could play. I hated his time here and the club never recovered from that season. There was no room for Chris Baird, Jake Buxton, Andreas Weimann, Abdoul Camara, Johnny Russell, Nick Blackman or Alex Pearce. We had three left-backs in Warnock, Olsson and Forsyth, way too many midfielders in Hendrick, Thorne, Bryson, Hanson, Hughes, Dawkins, Johnson and Butterfield. Darren Bent playing second fiddle to Chris Martin on twice his wage. Too many cooks, never a team.

I see no point searching for another centre-forward when we have persuaded James Collins to re-sign and Jerry Yates to come here, as well as having Washington and Brown. Signing four new midfielders to add to Thompson and Fornah surely is enough? Six wingers in Wilson, Barkhuizen, Ward, Mendez-Laing, Blackett-Taylor and Jackson. And Elder surely has a full season in him? I think David and Zetterstrom should be it. It's only six months to the January window if reinforcements are needed and some promising players in the u21as. Dembele would be the only other I'd continue pursuing.

A lot of sense in this, but Elder is an injury waiting to happen and I think we need a pacier centre half. Then it's about the money. If we can land an exceptional forward we should, but they're the hardest to land.

45 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I was sat behind him on the bench. Saw him text his agent saying “where the fxck have you sent me?” When 5 ft 10 Grigg beat 3 centre backs to the ball to nod it in to make it 2-0. 

Always best to be clear you're joking (or not) posting stuff like that 😅

On 24/07/2024 at 15:33, Macintosh said:

I think we need at least another striker. Unpopular opinion but I still think Smith would be more prolific than any of those we have. None of our existing strikers are out and out centre forwards, they are more pressing workhorses. No guarantees either Washy or Brown will be here by the end of August one way or the other.

Think we're also light at centre back with Rooney injured again. Only Nelson and Cashin are really trusted in a 2. Those who can make a 3 are a bit dubious as its not their natural position/they look leggy/they have injury issues, and another right footer would be nice. I guess pace would prevent us getting caught on the break so much.

The rest I mostly agree with unless we are talking replacements for players yet to move on or proper uppgrades on what we have.

Bold = positions I believe we can improve upon, I like Nyambe but not necessarily in the centre and Elder might yet be the answer, but I'd be happier with 3 upgrades and swapping out as many as 6 of the 'reserves'.

Zetterberg?/Vickers

Nyambe/Bardell

Nelson/Bradley

Cashin/Forsyth

Wilson/Ward

Goudmijn/Fornah/Iwumene/Robinson

Adams/Ozoh

Osborn/Thompson

Elder/Barkhuizen

Mendez-Laing/Blackett-Taylor

Collins/Yates/Brown

Jackson/Washington