Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

A report from Sweden after interviewing JWZ

STOCKHOLM. Jacob Widell Zetterström has said goodbye to Djurgården. The victory against Ilves in the third Conference League round was the goalkeeper's last game at the club - for this time. - I have a long career and will do something incredible now, but I will come back to Djurgården, says the 26-year-old who is now moving to Derby in the Championship. He was raised in Djurgården and, after playing in IFK Lidingö, has belonged to the Blårändernas A team since 2019, where he has made first place his own in recent seasons. But now Jacob Widell Zetterström has done his part in Djurgården. As of now, he is a Derby County player. The match against Ilves in the third round of the Conference League qualifiers, a match Dif won 3-1 and thus advanced to the playoffs, was the goalkeeper's last. - Special and a lot of emotions. That's how it should be when you've enjoyed yourself as much as I did here. It has been absolutely fantastic years in Djurgården and it is a club that is incredibly close to the heart. This was emotional, says Widell Zetterström in the mixed zone and adds: - There were a lot of tears, and there will be too. The goalkeeper has been the player to whom the Dif fans gave the megaphone when the classic victory song Kamela Vesta was played afterwards - and thus he has also gained close ties with the short side. - I will of course miss our supporters a lot, but this is not the last time I sing that chant.

1 minute ago, Eoghan1884 said:

STOCKHOLM. Jacob Widell Zetterström has said goodbye to Djurgården. The victory against Ilves in the third Conference League round was the goalkeeper's last game at the club - for this time. - I have a long career and will do something incredible now, but I will come back to Djurgården, says the 26-year-old who is now moving to Derby in the Championship. He was raised in Djurgården and, after playing in IFK Lidingö, has belonged to the Blårändernas A team since 2019, where he has made first place his own in recent seasons. But now Jacob Widell Zetterström has done his part in Djurgården. As of now, he is a Derby County player. The match against Ilves in the third round of the Conference League qualifiers, a match Dif won 3-1 and thus advanced to the playoffs, was the goalkeeper's last. - Special and a lot of emotions. That's how it should be when you've enjoyed yourself as much as I did here. It has been absolutely fantastic years in Djurgården and it is a club that is incredibly close to the heart. This was emotional, says Widell Zetterström in the mixed zone and adds: - There were a lot of tears, and there will be too. The goalkeeper has been the player to whom the Dif fans gave the megaphone when the classic victory song Kamela Vesta was played afterwards - and thus he has also gained close ties with the short side. - I will of course miss our supporters a lot, but this is not the last time I sing that chant.

To add to this he said he understands derby will have a day off on Sunday so he can watch Djurgarden play. Done deal hopefully announced tomorrow along with the midfielder to give a real feel good factor going into Saturday. 

14 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

If we want to make the lad welcome, we could sing the Kamela Vesta chant to him:

4 hours ago, eddielewis said:

Watching a dodgy stream of the match and has just made a big gaffe undercooked his pass out to his left centre back to relieve pressure which got intercepted for an easy goal.

Footage of his mistake from tonight's match. He didn't have too much to do for the rest of the game. Keita Kosugi however was very impressive at left wing back all game. Only 18 and at a European club for a Japanese player is a rare thing as they usually go to university and feel obliged to go through the J league. Can imagine he will have a big move soon.

32 minutes ago, The Running Man said:

Am I the only one that imagines the scenes if he's announced for Plymouth or something?

They’ll be tearing down that Rooney statue and asking for the keys back 

Time for another AI translated Swedish news article, Djurgardens sporting director saying the transfer is happening, hopefully this gets announced tomorrow as a little boost before Middlesbrough ;

It is no secret that Jacob Widell Zetterström, 26, has been in England and underwent a medical examination at Derby County.

On Thursday, Djurgårdens IF managed to secure a place in the Conference League playoffs.

Now the sporting director Bosse Andersson confirms that the goalkeeper will complete his transfer to Derby.

- We have had a long discussion with Derby. Then it is important to have timing. We agreed that we would do this as far into our European adventure as possible. Now we feel safe when we have Jacob Rinne in place, he tells Fotbollkanalen and continues:

- Now he travels over and if all goes well, he will join and maybe make his debut against Middlesbrough on Saturday. He has done fantastic during the time we have been negotiating. He is close to my heart and it's nice that he gets this opportunity.
Widell Zetterström thanked the fans after tonight's victory against Ilves.

- It was special. A lot of emotions. But that's how it should be when you've enjoyed yourself as much as I did. It has been a fantastic year. Not only at senior level but also at junior level. It is a club that is incredibly close to my heart, he says to Fotbollskanalen.

Widell Zetterström is convinced that he will return to Djurgården in the future.

- That's not what I'm thinking about now, because now I'm going to do something incredible. But I will come back, he says to the Football channel.