Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

18 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

While we are waiting for our new very tall keeper to arrive I thought I would use my 27 years of living in Sweden to keep you entertained with a few blindingly awesome and bonkers things you need to know. 

1. It is illegal to dance spontaniously in Sweden.

2. You can only buy alcohol to take home, from the government

3. There are over 100,000 lakes in Sweden. 

4. Cash is almost totally obsolete

5. Swedes are terrified of Badgers and are known to put ryvita in their socks when they go out walking in the forest.

6. Sweden once spent half of its economy on a ship.. The Vasa. It sank 200 metres out from launching. 

7. Ping Pong is almost the national sport

8. Not being blonde is not illegal but is certainly frowned upon

9. Sweden lost the 1958 World Cup final to Pele.

10. Sweden invented … Spotify, Minecraft, Skype, Volvo, Ikea, Abba, Zlatan, Matchsticks ,Dynamite,Bluetooth, Ball Bearings, Nobel Prize, Adjustable Wrench… 

11. Sweden is responsible for Mel Morris being rich… 

This is all utterly brilliant but I have to ask..... Why ryvita? Do the badgers not like it? Or does it provide excellent ankle protection and if so should it be used in ankle guards lol

13 minutes ago, SparxTheRam said:

This is all utterly brilliant but I have to ask..... Why ryvita? Do the badgers not like it? Or does it provide excellent ankle protection and if so should it be used in ankle guards lol

I would imagine its because its crunchy & breaks easy, so the noise scares the badgers off.....i could be wrong though 🤣

18 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

While we are waiting for our new very tall keeper to arrive I thought I would use my 27 years of living in Sweden to keep you entertained with a few blindingly awesome and bonkers things you need to know. 

1. It is illegal to dance spontaniously in Sweden.

2. You can only buy alcohol to take home, from the government

3. There are over 100,000 lakes in Sweden. 

4. Cash is almost totally obsolete

5. Swedes are terrified of Badgers and are known to put ryvita in their socks when they go out walking in the forest.

6. Sweden once spent half of its economy on a ship.. The Vasa. It sank 200 metres out from launching. 

7. Ping Pong is almost the national sport

8. Not being blonde is not illegal but is certainly frowned upon

9. Sweden lost the 1958 World Cup final to Pele.

10. Sweden invented … Spotify, Minecraft, Skype, Volvo, Ikea, Abba, Zlatan, Matchsticks ,Dynamite,Bluetooth, Ball Bearings, Nobel Prize, Adjustable Wrench… 

11. Sweden is responsible for Mel Morris being rich… 

So we are more Viking than the Swedish it seems 🤷‍♂️

On 10/08/2024 at 13:04, SparxTheRam said:

It breaks up and the crack sounds it makes scare the badgers away… apparantly… 

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

No announcement regarding Jacob Rinne, the 31 year old who left his Saudi team a week ago, supposedly returning to his native Sweden to take over from Zetterström. Looks quite useful with his feet:

Maybe we should sign him on a free and add the Zetterström dosh to our striker budget 😂😂

It does seem insane to be spending decent money on a goal keeper to then have to resort to waiting for the last minute of a transfer window to see which scraps Premier League clubs are willing to trust Paul with.

54 minutes ago, Sean said:

Hallelujah - they've announced Rinne

#FreeZetterstrom

Obviously they don't want to be paying two first choice keepers, so maybe we should reduce our offered fee for Zetterström? Football is a ruthless business. 

None of us knows the discussions or terms of the deal up until this point, but it feels as though they've been taking the micky. If we can save, say half a million quid, maybe it's something to consider?