Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

12 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Will definitely miss two games, but likely miss Middlesbrough (H) on the 17th too.

Same as Jerry Yates, then.

Β 

Good point. There has been no backlash about signing a striker who is unavailable for the first 3 games, as over the entire season both of them will make a massive contribution. JWZ also has huge potential and could help finance a play off push in the next couple of years.

50 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Hopefully he is not injured in the next few games. Typical Derby if he is out for the season before he arrives.

I personally would of walked away from this, its a buyers marketΒ 

44 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Hopefully he is not injured in the next few games. Typical Derby if he is out for the season before he arrives.

If he injures himself in the 7 whole days we have to wait for him to sign and if his injury is such that he's out for the season, do you seriously believe that we will sign him anyway, paying up to Β£1.4M for the privilege, or are you just implying we will so you can have a dig?

Two years back we nearly went out of business, yet here we are, newly promoted and negotiating the recruitment of a player widely regarded as one of the best goalkeeping prospects in Scandinavia, yet folk still insist on finding reasons to moan about the manager, the owner and the recruitment team. Beggars belief, really.

Β 

2 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Good point. There has been no backlash about signing a striker who is unavailable for the first 3 games, as over the entire season both of them will make a massive contribution. JWZ also has huge potential and could help finance a play off push in the next couple of years.

Because the difference there was that this was crystal clear and known about.

Here - we still don't know when he's joining and very much the goal posts are moving.

BTW - I'm still not clear ... is it 2 games plus Chesterfield in the Cup or 3 league games and he can play against Chesterfield?

22 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Because the difference there was that this was crystal clear and known about.

Here - we still don't know when he's joining and very much the goal posts are moving.

BTW - I'm still not clear ... is it 2 games plus Chesterfield in the Cup or 3 league games and he can play against Chesterfield?

Two league games/ 1 cup game.

What I don't understand is why everyone has an inmate need to know every last detail..... If this hadn't got out (by the selling club) and we just signed him on the 16th August or even the 31st August for 1.4m and with his record/skills everyone would be happy as Larry.

So, just have a bit of patience and wait, transfers happen like this all the time, we all know that Derby have a history of having signings in and done in the building weeks before they are announced sometimes (in the summer).

Vickers is perfectly capable for a couple of games and we get the keeper when we get him.

If Derby and Warne feel like he's the best option then it's worth the wait.

IMO the only thing to be annoyed at here is that the club haven't just come out and said, yep were signing him, yep it's agree, yes he's staying until they've qualified or whatever it is.Β 

No one moans when clubs sign a player then loan him our, or sign a pre contract agreement for the summer.... It's all a gamble, it's all a risk that something happens in the meantime, when Derby signed Asanovic he went off with Croatia to play in the Euros should we have said oooooh no you can't do that??

Β 

When Derby sold Max Bird to Bristol City, I would imagine it was insisted by Derby that the deal would only happen if Max was allowed to return to us on loan for the remainder of the season. I”d suggest the odds of Max getting injured would have been significantly higher than Zetterstrom.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

We don’t but I’d put money on it that the club does. Β Might not be totally happy with it but happy enough to see it through

7 minutes ago, TheRamOfSwad said:

Saving the #1 Shirt for the big Swedish meatball πŸ‘€πŸ˜‚πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺ

Screenshot_20240808_151159_Facebook.jpg

Not sure how much to read into this, but does this suggest that our very own bionic man, Fozzy, has seen off yet another of his intended replacements? Someone really needs to document Fozzy's time at the club. It'd make some story!

Β