Trump

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

45 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

"Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers yesterday, as it was God alone who prevented the unthinkable from happening.

We will fear not, but instead remain resilient in our faith and defiant in the face of wickedness. Our love goes out to the other victims and their families.

We pray for the recovery of those who were wounded, and hold in our hearts the memory of the citizen who was so horribly killed."

I'd have been tempted to lead with the person who actually died, followed by the call to prayer for those wounded.

Glad to see it was God alone that saved Trump and prevented the unthinkable. Just wish God had been clever enough to make sure other people nearby hadn't been killed/maimed.

FWIW This is the first part of a message Trump sent 10hrs prior to the one you quote from;

'I want to thank The United States Secret Service, and all of Law Enforcement, for their rapid response on the shooting that just took place in Butler, Pennsylvania. Most importantly, I want to extend my condolences to the family of the person at the Rally who was killed, and also to the family of another person that was badly injured.'

2 hours ago, Cisse said:

I don't understand how the security could let this happen. Why was one of the roofs unguarded even though there was a clear line to open the fire? People saw the gunman on the roof minutes before shooting and reported it to the authorities, still nothing was done. How could the snipers from the police miss seeing this guy on a roof? After the shots security made a great target of Trump while taking him away.

I'm no secret service agent but just having gone through the basic training in the army I believe I would have done a better job as coordinating the security. That was awful performance by the security.

Ray-band anti assassination sunglasses...not to be worn in bright sunshine

image.png.416478d7b10d1c8cbedec92e4add6b1f.png

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

FWIW This is the first part of a message Trump sent 10hrs prior to the one you quote from;

'I want to thank The United States Secret Service, and all of Law Enforcement, for their rapid response on the shooting that just took place in Butler, Pennsylvania. Most importantly, I want to extend my condolences to the family of the person at the Rally who was killed, and also to the family of another person that was badly injured.'

Fair enough. I would still keep leading with that death though.

Trump has seemed slightly more measured than usual. Perhaps nearly dying makes you rethink the violence of your usual rhetoric, even if the deaths of other doesn't

5 minutes ago, Crewton said:

It's ironic that, all those years after his Dad paid for him to dodge service in Vietnam, that he finally got a small taste of what poor boys who weren't so privileged had to endure every single day they were on active service.

You can levy plenty against the bloke but Joe Biden avoided the draft 5 times including one for being medically unfit due to "asthma" ,despite being a lifeguard and state track and field athlete.  One more than Trumps bone spurs.  Add Clinton and Bush Jr to that list.

17 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

You can levy plenty against the bloke but Joe Biden avoided the draft 5 times including one for being medically unfit due to "asthma" ,despite being a lifeguard and state track and field athlete.  One more than Trumps bone spurs.  Add Clinton and Bush Jr to that list.

Biden received 5 student draft deferments, which apparently was quite common for people at college. The final one mentions Asthma as the reason for his unfitness for service, which was also commonplace because they couldn't risk soldiers having asthma attacks in the field. Lucky for him and no doubt he might have been relieved. 

Why I think it's more relevant to Trump is that he had the nerve to call John McCain, who spent years in Vietcong captivity being regularly tortured, a coward, because he'd "allowed himself to be captured". I was surprised that that level of crassness didn't immediately alienate him from his core vote, but it didn't.

The story about how Trump got his medical discharge is an interesting one. He wasn't a college kid, but his Dad was a rich property owner. Donald needed an out, but who could he turn to? This article seems a pretty good source for the answer:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/26/us/politics/trump-vietnam-draft-exemption.html

8 minutes ago, Archied said:

Well he was asking for it 🤷‍♂️, it’s almost like he s a woman walking round in a short skirt , 

let’s all do the it’s wrong preface then move on to the but 🤷‍♂️

Trying to murder someone is always bad, but not when it's Saddam Hussein, Osama Bin Laden or Gaddafi?

Like that?

There's a huge element of 'live by the sword, die by the sword' here. Trump has preached division, siege mentality, railing against the system, draining the swamp, threat and fear of what might be. Now that he has become the victim of the very spirit he engenders in his followers (and opponents) it is apparently time to tone it down.

BTW - of course it's wrong that someone tried to kill Trump but it doesn't stop him being one of the biggest threats to global peace alive at this time.