Mendez Laing Arrested

Mother Theresa would probably be classed as one of the nastiest people on this forum judging by the comments of the self righteous brigade on here. Some of you really are holier than thou and have obviously never done anything wrong. 

7 hours ago, alram said:

or do you just pick and choose who you decide should be guilty until proven by a court

Yet you did just that from your previous post. 

You wanted him gone; missing out the court bit, evidence and facts along the way. Yours was a Knee jerk, mob rule reaction. 
I know this is politics and will probably be deleted but those sort of reactions are exactly what the witch finders of the past  and later, Farage, Trump, Corbyn, Scargill et al, all prey on. Get the mob angry and you’ll get your own way. 

10 minutes ago, BobdeBilder said:

Let he who is without sin, lob the first brick.

Or something like that.

“Cast the first stone”. Referencing Bible days when a group of people would stone somebody to death . I know what you mean about judging other people . 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, superfit said:

Taking a phone without the owner’s permission IS theft, it’s not a technicality. Taking it forcibly without the owners permission would make it aggravated theft. 

I have no doubt the owner of the phone was in all probability acting like a bell end but Lang and his wife could have simply removed themselves from the situation. That would’ve been the smart thing to do. 

IF it transpires that he is convicted of theft is that okay? Are we going to educate our children that acting in this manner is acceptable. 

No it isn’t ! To prove theft you have to prove the intent to permanently deny the persons possession of the object. 

“Theft is defined by section 1 of the Theft Act 1968 as the dishonest appropriation of property belonging to another with the intention to permanently deprive the other of it.”

You’re right though, they should have walked away. 

Edited by jono

3 hours ago, superfit said:

IF it transpires that he is convicted of theft is that okay? Are we going to educate our children that acting in this manner is acceptable. 

Seeing as they live in the real world... not an Enid Blyton land of picnics,  fairytales and naughty goblins,  they may not be overly shocked, interested or traumatised either way.

9 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

Having said all of this I am a bit surprised that the Club haven’t made some sort of announcement.

They have , it was on the Twitter , won’t be making any comment until the Police Investigation is completed 

9 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I thought this might cause a bit of a stir with the fans, but I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition....

It's all been a giggle...but...have you seen the roaming charges for mobile phones in Spain 😁

14 minutes ago, jono said:

No it isn’t ! To prove theft you have to prove the intent to permanently deny the persons possession of the object. 

“Theft is defined by section 1 of the Theft Act 1968 as the dishonest appropriation of property belonging to another with the intention to permanently deprive the other of it.”

You’re right though, they should have walked away. 

True. That's why most vehicular "theft" is classed as Taking without consent and not theft, which is difficult to prove.

9 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

And 'nicking' the phone, just taking it home to recharge it for the woman?

Maybe NML was just looking after it for a while so he could enjoy the rest of the evening enjoying the time with his wife in the club, without being constantly hassled by the woman and her man friend that had maybe already taken many photo’s / video’s etc and kept coming back for more, before it escalated into something that could of and would of been avoidable if the folk had left NML and his wife alone and before NML had the opportunity of passing back the phone…………maybe……

Anyway I wasn’t there so I don’t know, what happened but neither were The Sun and Daily Mail journalists…………

34 minutes ago, jono said:

Is the law in Spain the same too? (genuine question)

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Maybe NML was just looking after it for a while so he could enjoy the rest of the evening enjoying the time with his wife in the club, without being constantly hassled by the woman and her man friend that had maybe already taken many photo’s / video’s etc and kept coming back for more, before it escalated into something that could of and would of been avoidable if the folk had left NML and his wife alone and before NML had the opportunity of passing back the phone…………maybe……

Anyway I wasn’t there so I don’t know, what happened but neither were The Sun and Daily Mail journalists…………

Maybe not. There's NO excuse for what happened.