Sibley gone

A good lad, a good footballer and a proper ram. Gave us some champagne moments for sure. I actually think he’d started genuinely improving at the back end of the season, the footballer inside him was beginning to show for the first time in a while.

That said, (from someone who so wanted him to be our Paul Scholes)  … He didn’t deliver often enough, I think he lacked a bit of pace and strength, great shot on him and a few mazzy runs but I never saw a consistent quality of touch and deftness that the best players have. 

wishing him all the best and hoping he’ll find a coach that unlocks his reserves and relights his career

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I had it down as 12 players + Collins and Sibley. 

It looks like we're keeping Collins, we've signed three, so 10 more to go. 

I reckon 10 if we assume he doesn’t fancy one of Fornah and Thompson at this level. 9 if he thinks they can both step up and supplement the incomings. 

Are your 10 in similar positions to those I’ve suggested? 

I went with blue for players I think Warne really wants at this level. Green for players I think will do a good job at this level. Yellow who I suspect we might need to upgrade on in time unless the younger ones develop quickly and red in those I see as more likely to feature out on loan or for the U21s 

IMG_1832.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I had it down as 12 players + Collins and Sibley. 

It looks like we're keeping Collins, we've signed three, so 10 more to go. 

I assume some of your 10 are to replace players we haven't yet sold?

We already have 21 first teamers (including Brown), so I would expect 7/8 signings, plus replacements for those sold.

1/2 GKs, 1 CB, 4 CMs (or 3 CMs and 1 LWB if Osborn will be used in the middle), and 1 CF

Shame. Taming his aggression and cutting the cards down seemed to dull his talent IMO.  

If he doesn’t want to be here, it’s better for all if he goes. We move on…..

Gutted it never worked out the way we all hoped . Someone if played to his strengths is getting a good young prospect with an eye for goal . If I was Sibley I'd want to go overseas seems anyone that leaves us for europe comes back a couple years down the line a much better player. 

Sibley has been desperately unlucky with his progression here. None of the managers we’ve had have really set the platform for him to kick on.

He’s been a good servant and he will always have the promotion to look back on fondly.

I think he needs a good move, similar to Whittaker in many respects, where the club will make him an important player and let him nail down a position and realise potential.

Peterborough could be a good move, for example.

Disappointing to see him leave but think he's been overrated by some posters.  I'll be very surprised if he plays at all in the PL during his career and might end up at the likes of Swansea or Norwich.

Good luck Louie.

He’s on a free so always a good time to move on, unless Derby made a good Championship offer. But he was hardly a regular under Warne in L1 and didn’t really develop from 3/4 years ago which is a shame. Time will tell whether this is a good move or not, but we wish him good luck.

It's a pity to see him go, but I don't feel that we have found the right role for him at the club in Warne's set up. However, Warne wanted him to stay but not at the price Sibley wanted. In a way, it's an encouraging sign that the club won't give in to player demands over and above what the club value them at, this is where the club went wrong before.