Kayden Jackson - signed on a 2 year deal

Jimbo Ram

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We're not shopping with much but some rather sticky old sweet and a tuppence found in an old coat by the looks of it.  The blokes put in a lot of money in purchasing so won't spend millions.  It would be a shame however, to flush last years promotion by building a team that will be relegated but be competitive in League 1.  That's what we're doing at the minute, bar Osborn who should still be championship midtable standard.  The squad put together in League 1 in 2022 was actually better than what we're bringing in now.

So far we have brought in Osborn who you could say is a replacement for Hourihane...id say Osborn is an upgrade.

Jackson is a replacement for Waghorn, so id say is an upgrade as brings more to a Warne team in terms of energy & pace.

Yates is a replacement for TJJ, TJJ is more talented but you only get to see it a couple of times a season so again id say Yates would be an upgrade.

Iversen/Ryan both rumoured as being the GK coming in, again I think they are both an upgrade on Wildsmith.

So it might be a good idea to actually wait & see who comes in before saying we're building a team to be relegated & that last seasons squad is better than whats coming in now.

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

So far we have brought in Osborn who you could say is a replacement for Hourihane...id say Osborn is an upgrade.

Jackson is a replacement for Waghorn, so id say is an upgrade as brings more to a Warne team in terms of energy & pace.

Yates is a replacement for TJJ, TJJ is more talented but you only get to see it a couple of times a season so again id say Yates would be an upgrade.

Iversen/Ryan both rumoured as being the GK coming in, again I think they are both an upgrade on Wildsmith.

So it might be a good idea to actually wait & see who comes in before saying we're building a team to be relegated & that last seasons squad is better than whats coming in now.

I said the 2022 signings were  better. I said at this minute. I said Osborn was a decent mid table signing but he's a very different player to Hourihane .  The other two are decent League 1 players.  If we carry on in that vein, we'll be sniffing the bottom 3.  If we get a fast striker who can score, a couple of midtable standard attacking midfielders and a quick centre half to mix up that position, we'll probably be fine.  

Ok first a disclaimer, the only clip I've seen of him is atop of a bus chanting: "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again", which to be fair is a good start.

In such matters like that all I can go on are the fans of the other clubs. Ipswich have no beef with us so theres no bitterness, we can take their opinion positively. From what I can gather they like him and are pleased that he may be moving to a club like Derby.

They like his attitude, Warne wants the right sort he might be that, a big positive for team cohesion.

They say he is hardworking, earlier comparisons with Fagen fall down at this point. God loves a tryer and so do I.

They say he has pace. Pace is pace irrespective of league. It gives him time. It worries defenders, it draws fouls. It helps.

Consensus appears to be forming from them that he's not a natural finisher, fine, so he may not be played through the middle. But if he is played there pace allows him to stretch the game, if he's in a two he will draw players from the other guy.

From my point of view, we know aged 30+ players can have their best season in front of them. Nate as a prime example.

I'm positive. Our attacking line needs rebuilding, pace and hardworking is one such element that a line up needs.

Considering the metrics and comments, perhaps he’s not much of a striker but could be a useful RM/RWB (albeit we already have two of them). 

If Osborn is getting a two year deal and Jackson a three(?), I can only assume there is a plan for him in some form. In fairness the recruitment has been fairly steady under Warne and Thomas. Ive got to believe there is something we see in him, within a different role. Ipswich fans do see the use in him. I have to believe that we have a plan. I hope to god we have a plan. 

Really? A 30 year old striker on a three year contract who’s only ever scored 6 goals at this level in his entire career?! Jesus if this is the standard of our recruitment we’re in for a long season… I really hoped we’d see an improvement on last summer, but the signs ain’t looking great so far.

Just hope he’s got something more about him than his stats show. At least we’re likely to sign another couple more strikers this window I’d think, given it’s been a position of serious need for a year or so now.

26 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Really? A 30 year old striker on a three year contract who’s only ever scored 6 goals at this level in his entire career?! Jesus if this is the standard of our recruitment we’re in for a long season… I really hoped we’d see an improvement on last summer, but the signs ain’t looking great so far.

Just hope he’s got something more about him than his stats show. At least we’re likely to sign another couple more strikers this window I’d think, given it’s been a position of serious need for a year or so now.

If this is the the standard of your posts, we are in for a long season...hold on, this is the standard of your posts.

If you read the rest of the thread, you might discover he is not a striker.

You also have no idea of what the deal will be, yet like others, are up in arms already.

Is this the real legacy of admin...so many posts are irrational whining and non-stop panic? The genuine worry that was caused by the threat of bankrupcy remains, but continually comes out with every transfer rumour/team sheet/Warne media comment?