Kenzo Goudmijn

Theres going to be a meltdown when he ends up signing for Red Light FC in the Dutch 4th division and we miss out on a player that no one has ever heard of, but we feel is going to be the next Modric based off the fact he's foreign. 

Excitement is a hell of a drug.

For the record, I also think this guy will be the saviour!

🐏🐏🐏🐏

1 hour ago, Ram1988 said:

Do we know what type of midfielder Kenzo is? He sounds a bit like a deep lying playmaker form what I've read, but I have never seen him play before.

He is, similar to Bird. I’ve done a deep dive into fan comments from both Excelsior and AZ and the consensus is that he’s technically a very good player but really struggles physically. A few eyebrows raised about his potential destination of choice (Championship) which is seen as a very physical league, although I’m not sure it is. I’d say it’s fast paced, which is why some struggle, but wouldn’t say it’s physical. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

He is, similar to Bird. I’ve done a deep dive into fan comments from both Excelsior and AZ and the consensus is that he’s technically a very good player but really struggles physically. A few eyebrows raised about his potential destination of choice (Championship) which is seen as a very physical league, although I’m not sure it is. I’d say it’s fast paced, which is why some struggle, but wouldn’t say it’s physical. 

Sounds exciting, hopefully he isn't too lightweight. It sounds like he could complement Osborn and Ebou (if we sign him) perfectly as both og them get about and put their foot in.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

The Championship is being filled with progressive coaches too, which would suggest it's gradually moving towards a Premier League style of play.

Luke Williams, Steven Schumacher, Liam Manning, Carlos Corberan, etc.

The standard is definitely increasing.

I know absolutely nothing about this lad but I can confidently state that if we don't sign him then it's a clear indicator that either Clowes is so skint he's down to the last £25 in his NatWest overdraft or Warne has scared him off because he told the lad that he wants him to spend the entirety of pre-season training to be a LWB to replace Sibley if he signs.

Relegation beckons either way, naturally.

3 hours ago, strawhillram said:

Don’t forget PW too

I’m going to bite even though I know I’ll be character assassinated for it. (@Millenniumram - I’m with you)

How is Warne progressive? Pragmatic yes. But progressive?

And here’s the list of caveats; I want Warne to succeed; there’s pretty much no scenario where I think he gets sacked next season; if I was DC I’d also be looking to tie him down to a new contract. But he’s not the bloody messsiah beyond all reproach.

1 hour ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I’m going to bite even though I know I’ll be character assassinated for it. (@Millenniumram - I’m with you)

How is Warne progressive? Pragmatic yes. But progressive?

And here’s the list of caveats; I want Warne to succeed; there’s pretty much no scenario where I think he gets sacked next season; if I was DC I’d also be looking to tie him down to a new contract. But he’s not the bloody messsiah beyond all reproach.

I'm not sure @strawhillramwas serious. I'd say Warne is very old school in terms of it being about man management and about very simple messages, like telling Didzy not to come short but to stay around the box, and telling our midfielders to get it out wide straight away and the wide players to ping early crosses in. A pragmatist indeed, one element of which I like is not wanting to fanny about unnecessarily with the ball in defence, but to be happy to ping it forward.

Where is the ceiling (if any) for this approach when nearly everyone else is trying to emulate Pep, is an intriguing question.