Jerry Yates

Heisenberg

37 minutes ago, valakari said:

Ok, imo, we are a big club stiil at Championship level.

We have a small time manager, who, in general,  buys bang average players, plays awful football and has a history of getting relegated from this division.

I have never heard of Jerry Yates..which sums it up.

On the upside, i do like Ben Osbourn...

I do hope i am wrong, and we sign some fab players, play some great football, and Warne receives an OBE for entertaining the Sky Viewers...

You not having heard of Jerry Yates just betrays that you have poor football knowledge, which is clarified further in the rest of your post. 

40 minutes ago, valakari said:

I have never heard of Jerry Yates..which sums it up.

What does having heard of a player have to do with their viability as a signing?

I’d never heard of Ebou Adams, Kane Wilson, Paulo Wanchope, Gregorz Rasiak, Craig Bryson, Robin Van Der Laan, Carbonari etc etc….it didn’t stop them coming in and having an impact on Derby County.

Conversely I had heard of the likes of Ravanelli, Wayne Rooney, Jacob Butterfield, Ikechi Anya, Efe Ambrose and others….

If the players we sign come in and do a job for the team I don’t really care what their reputation is or if I’ve heard of them. Some of my favourite players down the years have been random signings out of nowhere.

6 minutes ago, Day said:

I want to see him up top with Barkhuizen, absolutely nothing tactical. I just want a front line of Tom & Jerry and Warne talking Disney at full time, that is literally the dream.

If there's not a double signing announcement with Ben Osborn and Jerry Yates smashing a tub of Phish Food then what are our social media team even doing?

1 minute ago, Srg said:

If there's not a double signing announcement with Ben Osborn and Jerry Yates smashing a tub of Phish Food then what are our social media team even doing?

Then have Tom prowling the corridors at Moor Farm, spotting Jerry eating and chasing him around.

36 minutes ago, Andicis said:

You not having heard of Jerry Yates just betrays that you have poor football knowledge, which is clarified further in the rest of your post. 

A little harsh. I like to think I have a pretty good knowledge of football, however I have never heard of him either. Just because you have come across his name or seen him, doesn't necessarily mean others have. It is like me asking you what the cheapest apples are in your local supermarket. You might have walked passed them a dozen times but not ever paid any attention.

10 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

A little harsh. I like to think I have a pretty good knowledge of football, however I have never heard of him either. Just because you have come across his name or seen him, doesn't necessarily mean others have. It is like me asking you what the cheapest apples are in your local supermarket. You might have walked passed them a dozen times but not ever paid any attention.

If he's choosing to criticise a potential signing based on whether he has heard of a player or not, it's reasonable to criticise his knowledge.

To be fair as I added, it was the rest of his post that also highlighted the point. 

56 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

What does having heard of a player have to do with their viability as a signing?

I’d never heard of Ebou Adams, Kane Wilson, Paulo Wanchope, Gregorz Rasiak, Craig Bryson, Robin Van Der Laan, Carbonari etc etc….it didn’t stop them coming in and having an impact on Derby County.

Conversely I had heard of the likes of Ravanelli, Wayne Rooney, Jacob Butterfield, Ikechi Anya, Efe Ambrose and others….

If the players we sign come in and do a job for the team I don’t really care what their reputation is or if I’ve heard of them. Some of my favourite players down the years have been random signings out of nowhere.

Spot on. When I was growing up wanting to be a footballer for Derby, I loved watching Iñigo Idiakez. The first footballer who I watched live at Pride Park every week where I was in awe at how technically brilliant he was. I wanted to smash in 25-30 yard free kicks on a Sunday. 

95% of supporters had never heard of him and he was one of my Derby heroes.

4 minutes ago, SSD said:

Spot on. When I was growing up wanting to be a footballer for Derby, I loved watching Iñigo Idiakez. The first footballer who I watched live at Pride Park every week where I was in awe at how technically brilliant he was. I wanted to smash in 25-30 yard free kicks on a Sunday. 

95% of supporters had never heard of him and he was one of my Derby heroes.

He did have 10 years in La Liga for Real Sociedad though, so you'd assume know him or not there is a deal of ability.  I'd like some players like Raziak, Bisgarrd and Wanchope.  I know enough about this fella to see he's an upgrade on Washington but  he's still here.  We must get a 15 goal striker with pace to add something to our frontline.  That doesn't have to cost more than a loan fee.  Premier league squads are busting at the seams.

24 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Another point of note: Yates won Blackpool’s POTY awards twice in three seasons. I’d take that as a good sign.

Seems like a good signing. Definitely a Warne player.

Blackpool fans were disappointed to lose him last summer. Apparently holds the ball up well and has a bit of skill (we’ll knock that out of him) runs his socks off and a real team player. Blackpool fans main gripe was that he’s not clinical in his finishing and should score more goals. 

Asked a Blackpool supporting mate about him (Swansea signed him from there)

”Hmmmm….he was well respected with us  and is hardworking  

He tends to score goals in groups and then can go a while without. 

Definitely  a form scorer. 

He did well in the championship for us but struggled at Swansea. 

I think the fact they don’t want to sell him intimated they realise there’s a better player in there than what he showed last season, or if he scores goals for you they can sell him for more!”

1 hour ago, Day said:

I want to see him up top with Barkhuizen, absolutely nothing tactical. I just want a front line of Tom & Jerry and Warne talking Disney at full time, that is literally the dream.

Not sure why our manager would be talking about a rival cartoon producer. He should employ a sibling though, then we can have the Warne Brothers talking about Tom and Jerry instead.