Ben Osborn - signed on a two-year deal

Sean

49 minutes ago, Srg said:

Sheffield United have some financial troubles so wouldn’t read into who they kept and who they didn’t.

Bryson also didn’t always have a lot of goals and assists - he scored 16 goals one season and didn’t get more than 6 in the other 7 years he was here. 

I’m not sure there’s “excitement” but just a recognition that he has been a premier league player for a while, and where we’ve come from, he’s immediately one of our better players as a result. We’ve also cried out for more energy and dynamism in midfield outside of Ebou and he immediately gives you that. 

Time will tell. I hope he is a success 👍

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I am a Sibbo fan. If he has been brought in to play at left wing back, I would have stuck with him. Offers more going forward. If we sign Adams, I think we are crying out for a Bryson type player who has good assists and goals stats. Other than being able to play in a number of positions what else does Osborne offer? Sheff Utd decided not to keep him? Not sure if some of the positivity is based around the fact he is a Derby lad?

Wilder is actually a big fan of his but because the buy out has not been sorted i dont think he could re-sign him.

13 hours ago, Loughborough Ram said:

No criticism, but what level of signing are you expecting if you are underwhelmed by Ben Osbourne?

In my opinion he walks into our team and several others in the Championship, so I think he's a great addition.

It's all opinions of course

i disagree i think you can be underwhelmed by him.

i would be more excited by an up and coming player with a bright future ahead.

osborn has proven to be bang average at every level hes played at, hes played hundreds of games and doesnt even know his best position

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I think Wilder was quoted as wanting to keep him, but their takeover situation left everything up in the air.

I imagine Osborn wasn't willing to wait any longer, wanted the security of having everything sorted.

if that was the case then how much are we paying him? he would have been on premier league wages, i seriously hope he has taken a big pay cut otherwise this deal is crazy

2 minutes ago, alram said:

if that was the case then how much are we paying him? he would have been on premier league wages, i seriously hope he has taken a big pay cut otherwise this deal is crazy

What about David Clowes makes you think he’s about to splash a stupid amount on wages to put us in any kind of trouble?

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

What about David Clowes makes you think he’s about to splash a stupid amount on wages to put us in any kind of trouble?

we spent huge wages in league one on players that would have left us knackered if we didn't get up. we did end up getting up so it didnt matter but its not like we have been wise in our spending under clowes and all of this is with a soft transfer embargo

2 minutes ago, alram said:

we spent huge wages in league one on players that would have left us knackered if we didn't get up. we did end up getting up so it didnt matter but its not like we have been wise in our spending under clowes and all of this is with a soft transfer embargo

No we didn’t. They were all on short term contracts, not 5 year deals.

16 minutes ago, alram said:

osborn has proven to be bang average at every level hes played at, hes played hundreds of games and doesnt even know his best position

I'm sure Osborn will be underwhelmed by the support he's getting from a tiny minority of his new clubs' fans (assuming he signs of course).

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

No we didn’t. They were all on short term contracts, not 5 year deals.

im not talking about length of deals i am talking about future budgets, we opted for big wages instead of transfer fees. those players would have had to be replaced when the deals were up.

your point was that clowes hasnt offered stupid wages to people which isnt true, we had pretty much the biggest wage bill in league one after starting a squad from scratch . our policy so far under him has to pay big wages and thats even with a business plan.

Edited by alram

13 minutes ago, alram said:

im not talking about length of deals i am talking about future budgets, we opted for big wages instead of transfer fees. those players would have had to be replaced when the deals were up.

your point was that clowes hasnt offered stupid wages to people which isnt true, we had pretty much the biggest wage bill in league one after starting a squad from scratch . our policy so far under him has to pay big wages and thats even with a business plan.

Big wages relative to league one, sure. But our revenues were probably the highest in league one. 

The idea that clowes is paying unsustainable money on wages is incorrect.

Edited by Andicis

23 minutes ago, alram said:

We were the biggest club in League One, so probably had one of the biggest wage bills. 

If the smallest club had one one the biggest wage bills, that would be stupid. If we had the wage bill of a Premier League club, that would be stupid.

Your point seems to be that Osboun would be on stupid money and Clowes has spent stupid money on wages before. Very weird.

1 hour ago, alram said:

I’d take 8 ‘bang average’ signings for the championship as that means we will probably finish mid table. Job done for next season.