Transfer rumours

51 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Dcfcofficial posting a video reminding us that we signed Sonny Bradley and Conor Washington a year ago today… what a double signing that was! 😂😂

Yes and I remember the clamour and excitement on here by all the “experts” for us to sign Bradley…. 

Or have you conveniently forgotten about than bit?

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

If Bradley is playing a role for us this season then we may as well give up already. Genuinely terrible player.

I think he will and can play a big role for us in different games/ points of a game (and won't always start)!. I can see why you are reluctant as he always has the odd mistake in him, but then football is a game of opinions....

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

If Bradley is playing a role for us this season then we may as well give up already. Genuinely terrible player.

Who won promotion to the premier League with Luton, playing 19 times that season and had to contend with a serious knee injury.

Saying he's a Terrible player is just ludicrous imo. Yes he had a poor start to his Derby Career but he finished strongly and contributed a hell of a lot towards the back end of the season.

Easily good enough for the Championship imo and far far from a terrible player.

1 hour ago, Eaststander7 said:

Yes and I remember the clamour and excitement on here by all the “experts” for us to sign Bradley…. 

Or have you conveniently forgotten about than bit?

He was clearly on the way down, both ability and fitness wise, when we signed him, and he looked wooden in loads of games last season. Poor signing, and as @Millenniumramsuggests, if he plays many games this season he will be woefully exposed.

55 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Who won promotion to the premier League with Luton, playing 19 times that season and had to contend with a serious knee injury.

Saying he's a Terrible player is just ludicrous imo. Yes he had a poor start to his Derby Career but he finished strongly and contributed a hell of a lot towards the back end of the season.

Well said. I couldn't agree more.

56 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Agree with this

the player took a long time to settle-in

there were personal issues that didn’t help him but he finished the season very well (sending off aside) and looked like the player we brought in to partner Curtis and Cash 👍

he’s got a big second chance in the division that he thrived in previously, he scored a couple of really good goals in that late spell that reminded me of RoyMac dominating the six yard box at set pieces, so I’m on his side until he proves otherwise 👍

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Warne knows best , Sonny B will have a big say in the managers future . If Paul goes 3 at the back , Cashin get shunted out to the left . He is then often matched up with a speedboat right sided attacking player and pace is not his forte . Cashin looks a lot happier in a 4 with Fozzy to his left ( who has a bit of pace ).

2 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

Please don't play up to the forums' No.1 attention seeker - I don't anymore.

14 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Brilliant news if we do still have the 15-20% sell on fee. 

There seems to be no clear consensus on this.  However,  having been in that world for many years,  it would be highly unusual to leave the possibility of getting 500k and maybe more hanging, when you've ran out of money to launder the players matchday pants and are taking 30k for a key player to reduce wages.

5 hours ago, DE56Ram said:

Agree with this

the player took a long time to settle-in

there were personal issues that didn’t help him but he finished the season very well (sending off aside) and looked like the player we brought in to partner Curtis and Cash 👍

he’s got a big second chance in the division that he thrived in previously, he scored a couple of really good goals in that late spell that reminded me of RoyMac dominating the six yard box at set pieces, so I’m on his side until he proves otherwise 👍

Yeah, I agree with this. First impressions are difficult to shake and his idiocy in the red card at Northampton was infuriating. 

All that being said, he was coming off an injury-hit campaign at Luton and joined a new team and instantly made a howler. He was miles off it, but after he got back up to fitness and settled then he finished the season a very different player. There are obviously concerns, but aside from Cashin I could make a case for concerns about all our players. 

10 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Yeah, I agree with this. First impressions are difficult to shake and his idiocy in the red card at Northampton was infuriating. 

All that being said, he was coming off an injury-hit campaign at Luton and joined a new team and instantly made a howler. He was miles off it, but after he got back up to fitness and settled then he finished the season a very different player. There are obviously concerns, but aside from Cashin I could make a case for concerns about all our players. 

He finished off the season no more than adequately. Just looked good because of how bad he was. Still showed absolutely nothing to suggest he should be anymore than than a last 10 minute sub for set pieces in both boxes. 

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

There seems to be no clear consensus on this.  However,  having been in that world for many years,  it would be highly unusual to leave the possibility of getting 500k and maybe more hanging, when you've ran out of money to launder the players matchday pants and are taking 30k for a key player to reduce wages.

David Clowes confirmed they definitely have a sell on for Kellyman so perhaps they did hold on to Delap’s. I do remember a story about them selling Gordon’s but I don’t know if it was official 

6 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

I have been a very vocal critic of Bradley.  When he came to us he was a disorganised giraffe, out of position, bullied by forwards and constantly on the floor.

His sending off was petulant and ridiculous.

I slated him publicly. I’d had enough.

But I’m a Derby County supporter. So when he returned and put in some robust performances I clapped and said fair play.

Everyone makes mistakes but it’s how you come back from them that shows your true character.

If he returns in the same mode he’ll be an asset.

I really didn’t think I’d be saying that but there you go. 

3 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I think that Delap left a year or so before the brown stuff hit the spinning blades.