Transfer rumours

12 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

Does the smile mean you're happy or are you being sarcastic? I'm struggling to get the context from your post and I can only take it on face value...

... or being happily sarcastic or was it sarcastically happy. Any road up, it was meant for '86 😉

7 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

To be fair mate, as he only played for us a couple of seasons ago I got the joke straight away. 

As did everybody bar one it seems.

Sometimes it's best for folk to just accept with good grace that everyone else got the joke but it went over your head (not yours obviously). Heck, it's happened to me often enough.

Edited by Tamworthram

1 hour ago, Comrade 86 said:

I'ma simple man of simple tastes, Enigma. I still laugh at fart jokes.

Does someone farting constitute a joke? Not really, and I laugh at that.

Now an actual fart joke - where the punchline is 'I'm Tessa Sanderson, not Fatima Whitbread'...  is the funniest thing ever to me.

Edited by Chester40

5 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

To be fair mate, as he only played for us a couple of seasons ago I got the joke straight away. 

Fair enough Seth. Do you know Dan or the "personality" in which he posts? I don't. Haven't got a sense of the guy as I don't recall posts of his that have given me an idea of his "character". One of the drawbacks of online conversations. 

Imagine the furore if I'd replied with a LOL emoji and the bloke had actually been serious...

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

As did everybody bar one it seems.

Sometimes it's best for folk to just accept with good grace that everyone else got the joke but it went over your head (not yours obviously). Heck, it's happened to me often enough.

Dan posted. I took it as being serious and informed Dan of Allsop being a recent former player. Then Comrade86 got involved and now more folk. I have replied to those posts with questions. What's the fuss. Yes, Dan meant it as a joke. It didn't come across as one. As I replied to Seth "Imagine the furore if I'd replied with a LOL emoji and the bloke had actually been serious..." That's all folks.

Please don't get frustrated tommorrow if theres not much solid transfer news. The way I look at it, is some deals may have already been sorted prior to the offical date (Tommorrow) and the player or players annoucement could be delayed until a photo shoot and the said player being currently still on holiday.

21 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Dan posted. I took it as being serious and informed Dan of Allsop being a recent former player. Then Comrade86 got involved and now more folk. I have replied to those posts with questions. What's the fuss. Yes, Dan meant it as a joke. It didn't come across as one. As I replied to Seth "Imagine the furore if I'd replied with a LOL emoji and the bloke had actually been serious..." That's all folks.

It seems to have come across as a joke to everyone else.

Like I say, probably best to just accept that you were the only one that missed it. It's happened to me plenty of times. Of course I felt a fool initially but I moved on. No big deal.

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Ffs you sad b4stards take your bickering elsewhere. 

I log in and see this thread has 2 more pages since I last logged in I expect to see at least one transfer rumour. 

Useless. 

Sarcastic Willy Wonka GIF

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

I miss the good old days when there were transfer rumours in the transfer rumours thread. Any updates @Big Trav @simmoram1995 ??

I’ve put a post in the suggestion thread. A keeper and midfielder have been signed, interviews have been done already. One on a 2 year deal and one on a 3. Not sure which is which. Waiting for kit to be unveiled but no date yet on that.