Transfer rumours

Just now, Sidd10 said:

It was the most important signing of the summer. We desperately need a player to get to 15+ goals to get us the points we need to stay up. 

Incredible it’s not happened, doesn’t make sense. I think JWZ will be a good keeper for us, but I can’t understand paying over a million on him and having no funds for a striker. 

Yates might get us 15+ goals, as someone else said earlier, more importantly we need players in to actually create chances for whoever is upfront

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Incredible levels of incompetency to not a striker three transfer windows in a row. Genuinely incredible. Pathetic

Waghorn got a few useful goals. Gayle got a few useful goals. Jackson has already got a couple. Yates has had one game. 

Why do none of these strikers count?

If we sign Harness, I’m not too upset about a striker. My concern was that based on the lack of speed in defence, we needed to take up a deeper starting position and therefore a target man. Phillips solves that, to a point. We have Yates who is a good Championship level striker, who is typically fit and available every week, so we need to figure out how we can use Chirewa, Mendez-Laing, Kenzo, Harness, Jackson and others to support him. 

It could be worth offering a short-term deal to Ladapo, as a player who Warne knows and has had success with to give us an out ball. 

Brown also gets a chance at this rate, hopefully that he can take it.