Transfer rumours

Catching up on this thread has been a fun read.  Dom puts a tweet out and the worlds collapsed.  Shock horror, there’s a recruitment meeting this week.  Anyone listening to the Rams Daily podcasts where they’ve discussed transfers, running of the club will know they meet weekly.  It’s a big meeting. In the last week of the transfer window.  Well my flabber is well and truly ghasted!!  Some players may sign for other clubs, heaven forbid that should happen.

The word crisis, that seems to be in so many posts, has never been used.  A bit like the meeting that happened after the Stevenage game when PW was supposedly getting the sack.  PW has said the striker is one on the “A list”.  Why does everything have to be so overdramatised?

6 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Catching up on this thread has been a fun read.  Dom puts a tweet out and the worlds collapsed.  Shock horror, there’s a recruitment meeting this week.  Anyone listening to the Rams Daily podcasts where they’ve discussed transfers, running of the club will know they meet weekly.  It’s a big meeting. In the last week of the transfer window.  Well my flabber is well and truly ghasted!!  Some players may sign for other clubs, heaven forbid that should happen.

The word crisis, that seems to be in so many posts, has never been used.  A bit like the meeting that happened after the Stevenage game when PW was supposedly getting the sack.  PW has said the striker is one on the “A list”.  Why does everything have to be so overdramatised?

Father Ted GIF by Pixel Bandits

20 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Rooney had very little choice but to play those youth players. The others were out of contract and there wasn't exactly a queue to sign them.

Who's Robinson BTW? 

Darren Robinson.

Can play RB, DM, CB...

Does the job and baffled why we'd loan him with such few numbers and nobody to come in.

1 minute ago, Papahet said:

Darren Robinson.

Can play RB, DM, CB...

Does the job and baffled why we'd loan him with such few numbers and nobody to come in.

We’ve currently got 5 “senior” central midfielders in Osborn, Adams, Kenzo, Thompson and Ozoh. Warne is quoted this very day as saying he wants to bring in another cm and is quite far down the line with one, and as someone pointed out to me the other day there are then other options in the academy like Ben Radcliffe, Morten Spencer, Alex Stepien-Iwumene and others. In fact, earlier in this very thread you yourself were championing the ability of Harry Hawkins….so letting Robinson go on loan to aid in his development, much like we did with Brown last season, seems to make some sense surely? What is baffling about it?

22 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Darren Robinson.

Can play RB, DM, CB...

Wilson, Ward, Nyambe and even Rooney ahead of his at RB/RWB

Nelson, Cashin, Bradley, Forsyth, Nyambe, Rooney ahead of him at CB

Ozoh, Osborn, Adams, Goudmijn and LThompson ahead of him at DM/CM

His game time would be exceptionally limited, so a loan is the best thing for his development, rather than letting him stagnate in the U21s for a 4th season.

Edited by Ghost of Clough

59 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Darren Robinson.

Can play RB, DM, CB...

You inferred that either Rooney or Cocu brought them into the club. They didn't and neither did they put him in the first team.

14 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Jordan Jones has left Wigan by mutual consent. I know we were vaguely linked with him recently - wouldn’t surprise me if he ended up here. 

Off to Exeter apparently. Adds up with what Wigan's journo said. Would not want him here, not good enough.

7 hours ago, Foreveram said:

I remember when we were all so relieved when David Clowes finally saved us from extinction and we were universally grateful.

It must never happen again people cried.

Then some said, within a short while people will forget, and demand that things are done immediately, and why aren’t we doing this and that.

And here you are.

I haven’t seen a single poster say chuck millions at it. What we are saying is for the club to creative with incomings we’ve started that with the goudmijn and Jakub signings. We need more of it. Like has been previously said we’ve literally got a league 1 squad with a few sprinkle dust. It’s team for the recruitment team to deliver and it would help if warne was more expansive with his football to attract loans 

22 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

I haven’t seen a single poster say chuck millions at it. What we are saying is for the club to creative with incomings we’ve started that with the goudmijn and Jakub signings. We need more of it. Like has been previously said we’ve literally got a league 1 squad with a few sprinkle dust. It’s team for the recruitment team to deliver and it would help if warne was more expansive with his football to attract loans 

And right in the middle of your post you state, we need more of it 😂

18 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

And right in the middle of your post you state, we need more of it 😂

Yes we need more creative signings. Them 2 signings excite me. Great age with the ability to make money on in the future. You cant just expect to keep relying year on year with the odd loan and aging free transfers. With the ownership model we have to bring the money in and re invest similar to Coventry and Luton. A sale of cashin for example can hopefully bring in 8 to 10 million if he can sustain championship form which no doubt he will. This is then re invested with at least 5 quality additions to go again

Edited by Barney1991

4 hours ago, Papahet said:

Attacking midfielder? We've a top talent in Harry Hawkins, take a gamble FFS. How many millions could we make if he produces?

Robinson id consider a good enough cover in midfield and CB already, baffled he's gone to non league with such limited options in the squad.

How often have you watched Harry Hawkins? From what I’ve heard he’s an exciting prospect but a long way away from championship level right now.