Transfer rumours

5 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Perhaps the forward is Woodrow?

Does sound like he’ll be from a premier league club. If I was to guess I’d imagine it’s Al Hamadi from Ipswich or one of Stewart or Mara from Southampton.

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

What if....what if....what if!

Why not wait and see what happens? Neither you nor I will change it.

Because the same thing happens every year and i'd quite like a refreshing change from it.

You are right that me moaning about it won't change anything, but to quote Barry from Eastenders 'I'm gonna do it anyway'.

49 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

We’re on a very similar page, perhaps we’ve both been visited by the same invisible rabbit 🤔 

I asked Harvey and he tells me he may have visited you in the past, of course he’s not invisible to me. 😂

Harvey is a Pooka so will not always appear as a rabbit

The púca (Irish for spirit/ghost; plural púcaí), puca (Old English for goblin) pwca, pooka, phouka, puck is a creature of Celtic, English, and Channel Islands folklore. Considered to be bringers both of good and bad fortune, they could help or hinder rural and marine communities. Púcaí can have dark or white fur or hair. The creatures were said to be shape-changers that could take the appearance of horses, goats, cats, dogs, and hares. They may also take a human form, which includes various animal features, such as ears or a tail.

🐰

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

12 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Either of Blackburn's forwards, Sorensen to Portsmouth (purely because its an exotic, creative signing) and Langstaff to name a few.

If i had confidence in our recruitment then there's the likes of Coburn, Stewart and Ali Hamidi who could end up at a championship club, but do i think we'll get any of these? No.

Yeah, I thought Gueye would have been especially useful, big physical forward but still quite tidy with the ball.

Langstaff is a risk, one I don't think we could afford to carry if he doesn't hit the ground running.

I'd like any of the three mentioned, but Stewart's injury record concerns me, again, not something we can really afford to carry.

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I'm listening to the interview now, but was on Dom's tweet: 'you'll hear his take on it shortly on the Rams Daily, but on what he says, yes [missing targets and having to move on to others]. 

Crisis meeting is obviously strongly worded, but more of a case of having a meeting with everyone to put every consideration on the table. 

I don’t know, maybe it is a crisis meeting, or maybe it’s been in the diary for a while to take stock of where we are currently in the transfer window, I guess crisis meeting sells more papers.

Just now, Animal is a Ram said:

Yeah, I thought Gueye would have been especially useful, big physical forward but still quite tidy with the ball.

Langstaff is a risk, one I don't think we could afford to carry if he doesn't hit the ground running.

I'd like any of the three mentioned, but Stewart's injury record concerns me, again, not something we can really afford to carry.

Agree with your comments about some of them, but me personally would rather see us risk it than sign nobody or someone like Smith.

1 minute ago, Big Bad Bob said:

Personally, I was disappointed with missing out on Dembelle. Sure he's relatively unproven, but those that are proven cost £££, so any unproven gem with potential is a risk. Given our potential financial position, I would say it's possibly not a risk for us, but for those who could afford the risk. 

I was a little disappointed there too, same with Azaz who has gone to Millwall from Reading. Not a proven entity but good potential and a bit different to what we have in the squad already.

I obvisouly had absolutely no clue about him before he signed for them, but Gueye at Blackburn looks a very shrewd signing

5 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Yeah, I was a little disappointed with that one, but my guess was QPR just offered more money or were happy to take on permanently which we weren't

I suspect it was the fee involved which we may be able to afford, but not as a gamble on an unproven player at this level. 

Rooney will be back just in time to get injured again. 

Now more than ever the Academy needs to produce or what is its point ? Players around the world are coming onto the scene from an academy somewhere. Why not ours ? Let’s face it Peterborough has a much better player development record.

Either Bobble Hat isn’t a draw for players, or Bobat’s computer has malfunctioned and is permanently stuck on the NO setting, or Clowes has re-realised he hasn’t got the dough to play at this level. All that lovely new Sky cash seems to have evaporated already, immediately driving up fees and wages, and what we are left with is fan inconvenience.

Edited by Matchday Fred

3 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Agree with your comments about some of them, but me personally would rather see us risk it than sign nobody or someone like Smith.

and I think were we a little more established in the Champ, we might have taken those risks.

8 minutes ago, Matchday Fred said:

Rooney will be back just in time to get injured again. 

Now more than ever the Academy needs to produce or what is its point ? Players around the world are coming onto the scene from an academy somewhere. Why not ours ? Let’s face it Peterborough has a much better player development record.

Either Bobble Hat isn’t a draw for players, or Bobat’s computer has malfunctioned and is permanently stuck on the NO setting, or Clowes has re-realised he hasn’t got the dough to play at this level. All that lovely new Sky cash seems to have evaporated already, immediately driving up fees and wages, and what we are left with is fan inconvenience.

Peterborough are better at flipping players but certainly don’t have an academy even comparable to ours. If it wasn’t for Admin at a time our academy had just got to its peak we’d have been raking in cash. 

56 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Or read this forum and realised that we too many knowledgeable fans that know a lot more about the game than anyone who is actually involved in it.

Very much doubt it, more chance that it is since they have met him.

We have missed out on top targets left right and centre this window, according to Warne he doesn't have to even try to sell this club to players, so something is stopping them join and it isn't fans.

20 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I don’t know, maybe it is a crisis meeting, or maybe it’s been in the diary for a while to take stock of where we are currently in the transfer window, I guess crisis meeting sells more papers.

I'd have been more surprised if they weren't having a meeting with a week to go of the transfer window.

9 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Very much doubt it, more chance that it is since they have met him.

We have missed out on top targets left right and centre this window, according to Warne he doesn't have to even try to sell this club to players, so something is stopping them join and it isn't fans.

So you know something is stopping them and it isn't the fans.

I knew you were one of the knowledgeable ones.

Whilst the meeting could have been pre planned it doesn’t overly look like it and having had the most amount of time since promotion to attempt to bring in the players we wanted it seems we are well down the list of who we could attract, and lacking extra cover at centre half and not having a ‘real centre forward’ is concerning. Based on that Brown should be staying here in case he can provide the bright star aspect that we will need.