Transfer rumours

This is total guessing but an unamed championship club have had a bid accepted Sory Kaba, was great when he was at cardiff. He’s 6 foot 3 and wins a ridiculous amount of headers. Wonder if he’s the player that Warne said no one knows about yet. He’s just turned 29 but the way he plays we could easily get 4 good years out of him. Purely speculating though. 

Edited by Eoghan1884

17 hours ago, Sharp_Ram said:

Wouldnt work as wingback, isn't a striker. Could potentially have played as an inside forward in a 343 formation but Warne doesn't to the play formations with out and out wingers by choice. The blacket Taylor deal looks stranger by the day. 

CBT isn't the only player who is a winger. NML and Barks are as well. The latter two came here because Rosenior brought them in as wingers, they left their previous clubs because they didn't want to be utilised as wing backs. That's 3 wingers we don't play as wingers, why not bring in a 4th, that way they could play bridge together.

1 minute ago, tomsdubs said:

We are in the market for a target man but i'd be shocked if we spent 1.3m on a striker.

Never know surely if we’ve spent good money on a goalkeeper and a midfield we’d have left some budget for a striker.

8 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

This is total guessing but an unamed championship club have had a bid accepted Sory Kaba, was great when he was at cardiff. He’s 6 foot 3 and wins a ridiculous amount of headers. Wonder if he’s the player that Warne said no one knows about yet. He’s just turned 29 but the way he plays we could easily get 4 good years out of him. Purely speculating though. 

Will be a meltdown on here if we sign a player over 25 😅

11 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

1 goal in 17 for Las Palmas, just the 20 goal striker we are crying out for, 340 games and he would just hit that figure.

Averages a goal roughly every 3 and a half games in his whole career. Isnt bad considering 31 games of his career he’s been used as a back up option by Dijon and Las Palmas. Could well score 15 goals plus in a system where crosses are coming in constantly.

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

I wonder if this could be us, 6ft 3 striker...

Screenshot_20240730_100653_X.jpg

2 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

We are in the market for a target man but i'd be shocked if we spent 1.3m on a striker.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see us spend something like the figure quoted on a striker hopefully not this one 

2 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

Not necessarily 1.3m upfront, Strikers ARE expensive and decent ones we could possibly afford in high demand. A cunningly structured deal might be woven that would suit all parties maybe ?

53 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Wonder if PW’s Zoom call has taken place yet?

I’ve ‘erd that 5 mins before the zoom meeting was due Warney’s internet went down. He’s been on hold with Virgin for the last 3 hours….I will let you know when I have news 🙄

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I’ve ‘erd that 5 mins before the zoom meeting was due Warney’s internet went down. He’s been on hold with Virgin for the last 3 hours….I will let you know when I have news 🙄

New player surprised to be talking to a cartoon cat image PW can’t get rid of.