Transfer rumours

44 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I’m already struggling to see what our starting lineup will be once Yates is available.

Surely we have to assume some will leave in order for others to join?

Assuming Nyambe and Osborne will start, I can’t see a place for Wilson, Bradley or Forsyth.

Also, assuming Jackson and NML start, where does that leave Barks, Collins and CBT when we’ve already said we’re looking for forwards?

I think it varies depending on system. Wilson is the first choice RWB and I suspect he will be a starter in a back-three. If we're playing a back-four then definitely Nyambe at RB. 

Nyambe could well be playing RCB at this rate. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

I think it varies depending on system. Wilson is the first choice RWB and I suspect he will be a starter in a back-three. If we're playing a back-four then definitely Nyambe at RB. 

Nyambe could well be playing RCB at this rate. 

I’d like Nyambe to play there, think it’s his best position because he never really looks to get a yard for a cross unless there’s wide open space. Problem is, I can’t see Warne playing a back three with Nelson and Cashin with someone else who’s only 6ft. 

7 minutes ago, Magicman said:

New/Vickers 

Nelson Bradley Cashin 

Wilson Adams Kenzo Osborn 

NML Yates Jackson 

Subs Ward Nyambe Fozzy Elder Thompson Barks Collins CBT 

Could be but I assume Ozoh will start.

14 minutes ago, Srg said:

We need options. Depends on formations, form and injuries. 9 subs remember. Our squad was paper thin last year, and then we lost some players (I say lost, mostly our choice, but still), we are restocking the cupboard. 

Any Custard creams ?

39 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Could be but I assume Ozoh will start.

As he has not signed yet didn't include and not sure where Rooney fits in either. Can see Fornah Washington Brown going on loan too.

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm not sure they are other than someone may pay a larger loan fee and we don't have one of Europe's best coaches. They're basically at the same stage of development.  To loan a player with 10 games in the League and a new manager who could assess him at decent level with a January recall isn't insane at all.  We're not Matlock Town.  

He’s clearly Premier League level and was very close to going to the Euros with England this summer. In no world would it ever make sense to loan him to a team that just got promoted from League One.

Just doing a search of on X to see if there are any new links to us. Only a random West Brom fan saying Matt Phillips is coming to us, he is available on a free. A quick search shows that Wycombe are interested in him too.

Was mainly a right winger most his career but recently he has done a job at left wingback.

As its a rumours thread & he plays in positions we are looking for I thought I would post it on here

22 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

He’s clearly Premier League level and was very close to going to the Euros with England this summer. In no world would it ever make sense to loan him to a team that just got promoted from League One.

This is the inferiority complex that 11 points gets you. 

We aren't in League 1 anymore and have only been their 5 years in 140, all due to financial mismanagement.  I've no doubt we will have a top 4 attendance in this division. If you want a player on your periphery to get game time in a competitive league with a good crowd and to see how they cope with some expectation and toughen them up, send em here.  You could send them to a team at the arse end of the premier league but that did not work out well for the aforementioned Wisdom who got splinters for two years.  

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

This is the inferiority complex that 11 points gets you. 

We aren't in League 1 anymore and have only been their 5 years in 140, all due to financial mismanagement.  I've no doubt we will have a top 4 attendance in this division. If you want a player on your periphery to get game time in a competitive league with a good crowd and to see how they cope with some expectation and toughen them up, send em here.  You could send them to a team at the arse end of the premier league but that did not work out well for the aforementioned Wisdom who got splinters for two years.  

No inferiority complex. Just being realistic about how highly Qansah is rated and how unlikely it is that he'd be loaned to any Championship team, let alone a newly promoted one.

Agree to disagree.

7 minutes ago, SECornerRAM said:

Zetterstrom - ✒️

Fee agreed with club, terms verbally agreed

In this week to get sorted, be done by Thursday 

This feels massive, not sure why just can’t see how a 6 foot 6 premier league chased international goalie at the age of 26 flops.

4 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

This feels massive, not sure why just can’t see how a 6 foot 6 premier league chased international goalie at the age of 26 flops.

Simple really. He flaps at a cross once and then some of our fans sarcastically cheer and applaud every time he catches it from then to eternity.

Joking. Hell of a signing

11 minutes ago, SECornerRAM said:

Zetterstrom - ✒️

Would be a huge coup, surprising considering the fee supposedly required, but again goes to show that regardless of cost: Warne is hellbent on improving the WAGS at the club. I appreciate the vision! 

13 minutes ago, SECornerRAM said:

Zetterstrom - ✒️

You've been good so far so I'm going to consider this one done. Transferring him over on FIFA as we speak.

Might even edit his Wikipedia page while I'm at it.

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I should be on the club's payroll. Someone I hoped we could sign last summer, but realised he would probably be out of our price range.

I'm guessing you got his stats from somebody else's analysis though as opposed to scouting him yourself?